My Nitro 5 An515-54 fan is not working properly.

Farciga
Farciga Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited June 2022 in Nitro Gaming
So ive been with this laptop at least 4 years. And the gpu fan starts working 10 - 15 minutes aftter i turn on my laptop. Not aure if i can replace just 1 fan, but i guess not since ita the whole thing. Thermal modyle w- 2 fans 1050ti. So i need help to find the part. I found one but i have yo buy it drom UK. Around 120$ :/. For what i saw the part is 24.Q5AN2.001 for An515-54

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, sorry, the fans are sort of seam-welded inside the thermal modules. If you're handy, you might  be able to break the module seams apart with a knife to replace the fan which should  be less than about $20. Then either glue or tape the seams back together. If you're willing to wait about a month, aliexpress  has the complete modules for about half that price. I also believe the 1050 & 1660 are close to being interchangeable with only a screw or two  not lining up perfectly but otherwise equally functional.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,509 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    24.Q5AN2.001Farciga said:
    So ive been with this laptop at least 4 years. And the gpu fan starts working 10 - 15 minutes aftter i turn on my laptop. Not aure if i can replace just 1 fan, but i guess not since ita the whole thing. Thermal modyle w- 2 fans 1050ti. So i need help to find the part. I found one but i have yo buy it drom UK. Around 120$ :/. For what i saw the part is 24.Q5AN2.001 for An515-54
    You can get just the none OEM fans on eBay, just search AN515-54 cpu/gou fans and they come up as just individual fans only without the thermal module, its best that after 4 years you replace both cpu/gpu fans as there must be something wrong with your gpu fan bearings and that is why its not turning on. The price for both fans is around GBP 22.91 look here CPU GPU Cooling Fan for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54

Example of the screws that hold the fan onto the module

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,107 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Farciga you can clean the thermal paste with isopropyl alcohol but not the pink thermal putty on the VRAMs because it can still be reusable. You get Kryonaut or Gelid GC-extreme thermal paste.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Yes, sorry, the fans are sort of seam-welded inside the thermal modules. If you're handy, you might  be able to break the module seams apart with a knife to replace the fan which should  be less than about $20. Then either glue or tape the seams back together. If you're willing to wait about a month, aliexpress  has the complete modules for about half that price. I also believe the 1050 & 1660 are close to being interchangeable with only a screw or two  not lining up perfectly but otherwise equally functional.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,509 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can get just the none OEM fans on eBay, just search AN515-54 cpu/gou fans and they come up as just individual fans only without the thermal module, its best that after 4 years you replace both cpu/gpu fans as there must be something wrong with your gpu fan bearings and that is why its not turning on. The price for both fans is around GBP 22.91 look here CPU GPU Cooling Fan for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54

• JackE

Jack E/NJ

• AnhEZ28
    @Farcigahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Kr_nYbthc you can just replace only the GPU fan (the one that has 2 vents) by unscrewing 4 screws.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Farciga

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:

Oh thanks for the Help. But sadly this person doenst ship to USA. Found another one, but im not sure if its the same hehe.

• Farciga

Tinkerer

JackE said:

Ive been looking for that part whole day. 25.Q5Bn2.001 for 1050. But all of them are from UK.  And out of stock
  • Farciga

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    @Farcigahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Kr_nYbthc you can just replace only the GPU fan (the one that has 2 vents) by unscrewing 4 screws.
    I would totally try this, didnt know it was possible. Thanks. And about the paste i had to clean it up, was dirty. I dont know wich one should i use 
  • JackE
    >>>been looking for that part whole day. 25.Q5Bn2.001 for 1050. But all of them are from UK.  And out of stock>>>

If you're willing to wait a few weeks, you can order the module from Aliexpress, a fairly reliable concessionaire like Amazon. Currently two are in stock. They often warehouse parts like this stateside so delivery might be less than a week if you're in the US or Canada. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802614326451.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Jack E/NJ

• AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    @Farciga you can clean the thermal paste with isopropyl alcohol but not the pink thermal putty on the VRAMs because it can still be reusable. You get Kryonaut or Gelid GC-extreme thermal paste.
  • Farciga

Tinkerer

Thank you, for the help. This helps me alot.