Acer spin 5 black screen Model: SP513-54N-74V2

AceKing677
AceKing677 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello all, my laptop black screened randomly and I can't figure out any way to get it back on.
The laptop is working as usual, external screen working with no problems at all but the main screen just won't turn on. Tried hard reset, battery reset, drivers update/old drivers, windows updates and recovery to older versions. Windows complete reset fixed the problem for about an hour till it went black again. Second reset does nothing again.
I am actually lost as to what the problem could be. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Hello all, my laptop black screened randomly and I can't figure out any way to get it back on.
    The laptop is working as usual, external screen working with no problems at all but the main screen just won't turn on. Tried hard reset, battery reset, drivers update/old drivers, windows updates and recovery to older versions. Windows complete reset fixed the problem for about an hour till it went black again. Second reset does nothing again.
    I am actually lost as to what the problem could be. Thank you for any help you can give me.

It could be something wrong with your main screen cable or the G-Sensor Board or cable connection or the cables itself that could have dislodged and/or is damaged making your screen inoperable. See captions of your SP513-54N screen assembly and all its components.

Main screen disassembled, check the main screen (white plug on the right) and the plugs condition and its small wires that connect to this plug, if they are not burned and/or stuck together due to wires shorting out. Btw, the LCD cable part number is:  450.0CR0C.0001 and the G-sensor board is: 55.GR7N1.003

G-Sensor board check this also

G-Sensor cable check this also

• JunkieBassStudios
    JunkieBassStudios Member Posts: 7 New User

As many of us on here are starting to find out. The problem is Acer, and the product quality.
  • What happens when you press fn+f5 and fn+f6?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Yes, check the screen settings with a Windows-P to see if it's set on Second Screen Only. Though it's possible the issue is with the cable running between the motherboard and display, that usually shows up when the laptop is a lot older, due to flexing the cable each time you open and close. I don't see how the G-Sensor would act like that, unless it was telling the system the laptop was closed all the time. If that is the case you can test by going into settings and change what the power button does, there's a setting for open and close...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AceKing677
    What happens when you press fn+f5 and fn+f6?

Nothing at all. Selected some icons.
  • AceKing677
    billsey said:
    Yes, check the screen settings with a Windows-P to see if it's set on Second Screen Only. Though it's possible the issue is with the cable running between the motherboard and display, that usually shows up when the laptop is a lot older, due to flexing the cable each time you open and close. I don't see how the G-Sensor would act like that, unless it was telling the system the laptop was closed all the time. If that is the case you can test by going into settings and change what the power button does, there's a setting for open and close...
    No luck. The laptop doesn't recognize its own monitor at all.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,763 Pathfinder
    @AceKing677 the display cable might be torn since you mention that it could not recognize the laptop screen. You can try to reseat the display cable (unplug the battery first before proceeding to work with the display)
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)