can The Aspire TC-866 Wireless/blutooth M.2 card be updgraded to Bluetooth 5.2?

Options
2inSD
2inSD Member Posts: 44 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
Just wanted to know if you can upgrade the blutooth capabilities and range to 5.2 by installing a new m.2 card?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    2inSD said:
    Just wanted to know if you can upgrade the blutooth capabilities and range to 5.2 by installing a new m.2 card?

The wifi/bt card that fits this desktop is a M2_1  - M.2 (2230/1630) slot for WLAN/Bluetooth type card, what is the OEM card that you have fitted? As first you need to look at your OEM card and look at its specs and especially its number of pins and match it to the new 5.2 bt card and see if they match exactly, as that is the best way to upgrade a wifi/bt card. 
  • 2inSD
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Can we be more specific, like a link to what to purchase?. Someone who knows this units and what will work for this motherboard?

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @2inSD
    I have answered your other thread on this topic. If you have a WiFi6E router, it will be best. 

Even though the recieving side improvement alone is a good idea. 
  • ttttt
    Options
    @2inSD

Now you are downgrading to a BT 5.0 only dongle, disregarding of Wi-Fi reception.
  • 2inSD
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @ttttt Yes! I hook directly to internet with the cable...Would Like to keep wifi capibility but if I cant find a compatible BLUTOOTH 5.2 card then this is easier and so far works great

I don't want to finagle with one that isn't Unless someone can provide one that is from acer.

• ttttt
    Options
    @2inSD
    You seemed to need better reception from the beginning.
    Up to you. It is your PC.
  • ttttt
    Options
    @2inSD
    BTW, even the original Wi-FI/BT card in your PC isn't from Acer. Acer uses third party Wi-Fi/BT card.
  • 2inSD
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @ttttt Right, but if someone could guide me too an acer Part store with part no KE.11A0N.012, I would put that in (if in fact that is a blutooth 5.2 card. I cant be bothered with jimmying a non compatible one. I like a clean way to do it.
  • 2inSD
    Options
    @ttttt True, so where do I obtain it?

• ttttt
    Options
    @2inSD

If you decide to get one, just look up from the web site that posted the part. I suppose you know how to order something on-line.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    As suggested in some of your other threads, an AX210 card will replace your existing WiFi/Bluetooth card and give you both WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2. The dongle you link is Bluetooth 5.0, not 5.2 IIRC.
    You really can make it confusing for other users when you post the same questions to multiple threads, especially if you are ignoring the responses to the earlier threads.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 2inSD
    Options
    Sorry :( I thought it had to be a different question altogether