nervous about future purchase PO3-630-UR12

Options
newbhead
newbhead Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2022 in Predator Desktops
hi all! i know pretty much... nothing about gaming pcs lol. all i know so far is that i'm going to be on the lookout for a new computer soon because my current rig is becoming outdated and i don't really have the means to upgrade it. i was looking at the orion 3000 as a refurb, specifically the PO3-630-UR12 model. i was wondering if anyone had any experience with it, and if there are any concerns regarding it?

i play mainly mmorpgs and older rpgs (bethesda and bioware titles mostly) with mods installed. i don't plan on doing any high-end gaming as i tend to save that for my consoles.
i put my tower right next to me on my desk, so i don't like being able to hear the fans through my headphones. sorry for being a total ignoramus about this haha but i appreciate any and all responses, thank you!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options
    newbhead said:
    hi all! i know pretty much... nothing about gaming pcs lol. all i know so far is that i'm going to be on the lookout for a new computer soon because my current rig is becoming outdated and i don't really have the means to upgrade it. i was looking at the orion 3000 as a refurb, specifically the PO3-630-UR12 model. i was wondering if anyone had any experience with it, and if there are any concerns regarding it?

i play mainly mmorpgs and older rpgs (bethesda and bioware titles mostly) with mods installed. i don't plan on doing any high-end gaming as i tend to save that for my consoles.
    i put my tower right next to me on my desk, so i don't like being able to hear the fans through my headphones. sorry for being a total ignoramus about this haha but i appreciate any and all responses, thank you!

Just for a bit more information for you, the Predator PO3-630-UR12 desktop model is the last not latest Predator desktop model as its the 11th Gen Intel model, try to get the latest Predator Orion 3000 PO3-640 with the 12th Gen specs as either of these desktops are more than what you will need/use for the games that you have described, as you can also play high end games and do some editing etc, but with editing the more ram the better as these models can have 64GB max total ram. With the cooling and efficiency and quietness of fans and cpu cooling, any prebuilt will not have the top end quiet and the most efficient case fans for cooling, so take that into account.

You can update all the cooling systems like case fans and cpu fans very easily and allot of consumers have done so on the PO3-xxx range of desktops. Best cpu cooling components are either an AIO water cooler for the cpu or a dry cpu cooler (for size and fitment into these PO3-6XX desktops spaces) like the Noctua NH-U9S-CH-BK and the Noctua case fans like the NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM that its specs are 120,2 m³/h (volumetric flow rate) at 29,7 dB/A noise levels or the NF-P12 redux-1300 PWM that has the same specs, which are the most efficient in dispersing heat and are very quiet for their efficiencies. Allot of consumers have upgraded this desktop with these spec cooling. So be prepared to invest an additional USD $150.00 plus extra for these upgrades as then you will have a top cooled desktop that shouldn't overheat for whatever you use it for. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options
    There is normally no issue with getting a refurb unit, and they can be a lot more affordable than the latest version. The UR12 you are looking at is a decent 11th gen unit with a 3060 ti GPU. It comes with a big fast SSD and enough memory for most users. Don't be worried about getting an 11th gen instead of 12 gen processor and chipset unless you are in the habit of replacing your gaming system every couple of years. As suggested above the most common upgrade for that system (or for the newer PO3-640 units) is to replace the stock cooler with one that does a better job like the Noctua. Run the system stock for a few weeks before pulling the trigger on the upgrade first so you can see if your usage really needs more cooling...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.