I need clarification on battery best practices Swift 3 SF314-512

realLehre
realLehre Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited June 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello everyone. I got an Acer Swift 3 SF314-512 and I was checking through the for some battery charging tips. I downloaded a Pdf from acer's website and the information I got regarding battery usage and charging are contrasting.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Find the screen shot attached! 

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @realLehre it is recommended that you use the laptop with the charger plugged all the time when possible so that the battery can last longer.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The battery conditioning described in the first section not only gets you a fully charged battery to start with but causes Windows to calibrate the battery to allow for the best estimates as to battery time left. It looks like they are missing a step between 4 & 5, where you run on battery until it is fully discharged (typically to somewhere around 5-10% left). The second section deals with how best to use it after the initial conditioning. We often have people run through the conditioning cycle again after a few months if the Windows estimates gets out of whack.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • realLehre

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    The battery conditioning described in the first section not only gets you a fully charged battery to start with but causes Windows to calibrate the battery to allow for the best estimates as to battery time left. It looks like they are missing a step between 4 & 5, where you run on battery until it is fully discharged (typically to somewhere around 5-10% left). The second section deals with how best to use it after the initial conditioning. We often have people run through the conditioning cycle again after a few months if the Windows estimates gets out of whack.
    Hello. Thanks for the reply. I'm just confused at the section regarding usage patterns that affect battery life, 'using the computer on constant AC power' and in the following section they said 'use AC power wherever possible'. 

Which one is the best to follow? 
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @realLehre it is recommended that you use the laptop with the charger plugged all the time when possible so that the battery can last longer.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • realLehre

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    Thank you.