Can't wake up laptop Acer SP513-52n-55nv.

Biggo99
Biggo99 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
Good morning!
I'm losing my mind with my Acer SP513-52n-55nv.
Let's assume I set the PC to turn off its screen after 15 minutes of no use and to go into sleep mode after 30 minutes, the screen goes black, the side led stays blue and nothing (keyboard, trackpad, volume rocker) seems to work. I already tried to match "turn off the screen" and "go to sleep" times, I tried to do the battery drain/reset with the pin on the back, I tried to update the bios to the newest version (1.15), I tried to reinstall windows from scratch, I'm helpless...

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    That normally means a background app or driver isn't actually going to sleep. Boot into safe mode then see if sleep works as it should. If it does then use msconfig to disable all non-microsoft services and see if it still works. The gradually add services back in until it fails. If that doesn't pin it down try disabling startup apps and re-enabling them until it fails. It's a long drawn out process unless you get lucky, but it usually pins things down enough to have it all work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    >>>Let's assume I set the PC to turn off its screen after 15 minutes of no use and to go into sleep mode after 30 minutes, the screen goes black, the side led stays blue and nothing (keyboard, trackpad, volume rocker) seems to work. >>>

Screen turn-off timer is not a good combination to use with Sleep timer. Because normally the only keys that work with screen turn-off timer is FN+F6 or FN+F5. You're much better off using Sleep timer only since any key will usually reactivate the screen that's in sleep mode.  

Jack E/NJ