what do i do next power lights keep blinking predator helios 300 ph315-53

Options
Gary123
Gary123 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited June 2022 in Predator Laptops
  • Hi i have a predator helios 300 ph315-53 and i keep having theses problems where my laptop isn't charging and power lights keep blinking on and off and then it shut down i have tried changing the battery and i still had the same problem and one of my friends bought the same laptop but doesn't have the same problem i used his charger on my laptop and doesn't charge but when he used my charger it works so I'm kind sure it's dc power jack but the computer store says i need to change the motherboard because it has dust which is dumb as hell I'm programmer and I know how to open a pc and laptop so I'm sure they just want me to pay a lot of money for nothing but I'm not sure what to do i think i could charge the laptop with a usb c cable but I'm hoping it will fix it the charging problem

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,153 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi,
    Give this a try, turn off your laptop, remove the charger from the laptop, remove the battery from laptop, reconnect the AC adapter, start Windows and go to Device manager, expand Batteries, right click each item and uninstall them, reinsert the battery, reconnect AC adapter and start Windows, the OS will reinstall the drivers and see whether it helps.

• Gary123

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,
    Give this a try, turn off your laptop, remove the charger from the laptop, remove the battery from laptop, reconnect the AC adapter, start Windows and go to Device manager, expand Batteries, right click each item and uninstall them, reinsert the battery, reconnect AC adapter and start Windows, the OS will reinstall the drivers and see whether it helps.

it didn't help and now the battery light is just blinking on and off but nothing happens and it sill doesn't charge I'm sure it's just charging port that's broken
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,153 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Gary123,
    If the charging port is faulty, you could try get it fixed by any local laptop repair shop.
  • Impervious
    Impervious Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Gary123 said:
    • Hi i have a predator helios 300 ph315-53 and i keep having theses problems where my laptop isn't charging and power lights keep blinking on and off and then it shut down i have tried changing the battery and i still had the same problem and one of my friends bought the same laptop but doesn't have the same problem i used his charger on my laptop and doesn't charge but when he used my charger it works so I'm kind sure it's dc power jack but the computer store says i need to change the motherboard because it has dust which is dumb as hell I'm programmer and I know how to open a pc and laptop so I'm sure they just want me to pay a lot of money for nothing but I'm not sure what to do i think i could charge the laptop with a usb c cable but I'm hoping it will fix it the charging problem

I too have PH315-53 and it CAN NOT charge with USB type C.

I think it's most likely a hardware issue. Could you elaborate more on how and when you started getting these problems?

Also if you are comfortable, I would advise you to open up the laptop and clean the motherboard, and connectors (while you are at it also clean those fans) by taking some help online. Also, clean your SSD and RAM (physically). Make sure you unplug your battery first. After cleaning and inserting RAM back in its place and plugging the battery. Press the power button for 30 sec and re diagnose.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you disconnect the lithium battery, does the computer turn on using only the power adapter?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcUTxdcz5Sg

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gary123

Tinkerer

edited June 2022
    Options
    Gary123 said:

I too have PH315-53 and it CAN NOT charge with USB type C.

I think it's most likely a hardware issue. Could you elaborate more on how and when you started getting these problems?

Also if you are comfortable, I would advise you to open up the laptop and clean the motherboard, and connectors (while you are at it also clean those fans) by taking some help online. Also, clean your SSD and RAM (physically). Make sure you unplug your battery first. After cleaning and inserting RAM back in its place and plugging the battery. Press the power button for 30 sec and re diagnose.
    i did open it a lot for cleaning and changing the thermal paste but one day i was just trying to play some games and it just shutdown on me and won't turn on at that time and i took it to the store i bought it form and they said i need to change the motherboard because there was dust and i know that's not correct because it turned on  and now it won't charge and i know now it's the charging port but nobody can help me in my country most it in here do things there way not the way it should be and there lazy and there's no official acer store in Saudi Arabi so i'm just on my own i don't known if i could transform my laptop into a pc but if i can i would do it because it's a waste of good prats to just throw it away like that 

[Edited the content by deleting sensitive information]
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you disconnect the lithium battery, does the computer turn on using only the power adapter?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Gary123

Tinkerer

Options
    yes but it doesn't charge
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is your laptop under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gary123

Tinkerer

Options
    Is your laptop under warranty?

yes but the store says it doesn't cover the laptop if there's dust inside also it doesn't cover it if you opened it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Maybe it's a motherboard problem. However, I would also check the bios version.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    Gary123 said:
    If the unit is powerin on with charger alone, then i dont think it to be an issue with charging port. As fellow member @egydiocoelho suggested try to update the BIOS ver and check.

Possibly it may solve the issue.
  • Gary123

Tinkerer

Options
    Gary123 said:
    If the unit is powerin on with charger alone, then i dont think it to be an issue with charging port. As fellow member @egydiocoelho suggested try to update the BIOS ver and check.

i can't update the BIOS because the battery is to low and the battery won't chrage 
  • Gary123

Tinkerer

Options
    Gary123 said:

i can't update the BIOS because the battery is to low and the battery won't charge 
  • Gary123

Tinkerer

Options
    Gary123 said:
    Gary123 said:

i can't update the BIOS because the battery is to low and the battery won't charge 
    just checked the BIOS and it's updated and now i know it' s the charging port because before it didn't shut down with new battery but when the charger is connected  it shuts down when i try to play a game that requires some graohics 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the lithium battery?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcUTxdcz5Sg

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gary123

Tinkerer

Options
    Gary123 said:
    Gary123 said:

just checked the BIOS and it's updated and now i know it' s the charging port because before it didn't shut down with new battery but when the charger is connected  it shuts down when i try to play a game that requires some graphics 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tested the power adapter and dcin jack connector with a multimeter? You must select the direct current scale at the correct voltage.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer