Would a Pentium G3260 work in a Acer Aspire ATC-605-UB11?

Options
Ykcud
Ykcud Member Posts: 3 New User
I am looking at purchasing a motherboard from a ATC-605-UB11 desktop and have a spare Pentium G3260. I am not finding too much information online what CPUs would work in this motherboard, just what i7s to upgrade it with.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The G3260 is a 5th gen processor, the TC-605 is designed for 4th gen, so they will not match up. The Pentium version of your system came with a G3220, which is 4th gen.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Ykcud
    Options
    Thank you. However, I already have the Pentium in question, so I will not be getting an i7 processor.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The G3260 is a 5th gen processor, the TC-605 is designed for 4th gen, so they will not match up. The Pentium version of your system came with a G3220, which is 4th gen.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ykcud
    Options
    billsey said:
    Thank you for clarifying that.
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    Ykcud

Kindly go through the details given below 

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/models/desktops/aspiremt   ( please scroll down and check for different TC-605 models.   )
    https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/acer-aspire-atc-605-ub11

After checking the specifications of different tc-605 models found it was shipped with i3, i5 and i7 processor 

My suggestion is instead of purchasing a mother board and upgrading a CPU you can buy a brand new computer at a much lesser price.    You also get a 1 Year of warranty with pre installed operating system of Windows 10 or Windows 11 depending upon the model you chose. 

Please visit the website – support.acer.com – chose your country – click on shop.   It will show you all the latest and new computers.    You can see all the models from low end to high end configurations.   You can look at all the models one by one.   Please chose the best one which suits your budget and needs.   You can also buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. 

Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   If you need more details you can call and check with them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    Ykcud said:
    I am looking at purchasing a motherboard from a ATC-605-UB11 desktop and have a spare Pentium G3260. I am not finding too much information online what CPUs would work in this motherboard, just what i7s to upgrade it with.
    Just as an addition as you have gotten some very useful information above about the ATC-605-UB11 desktops mobo but and remember that your Socket 1150 G3260 CPU only comes with a low rated HD Haswell integrated GPU which for todays graphics could be a problem but, your CPU will fit the ATC-605-UB11 desktop mobo. The ATC-605-UB11 desktops comes OEM with as higher spec CPU as the Socket 1150 Core i7-4790T  that will give you 80% better relative performance to the slow and obsolete G3260 CPU.

What I would do (that is if you are prepared to spend the dollars and go to this upgrade effort?) is to fit the Core i7-4790T that its Intel max memory spec size (dependent on memory type) is 32GB that can run either run the DDR3-1333/1600, DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.5V, also this mobo has a 1x slot PCIe x16 that can operate with a Radeon RX550 or a GTX -560Ti GPU card and with an addition of a 2.5" SSD this revived/updated desktop should be a very useful platform for Win-10 Home/Pro OS and even run some old gaming and editing functions.