How to set xb273K Sbmiprzx to 144Hz 4K

Options
2»

Answers

• Kubinb12
    Kubinb12 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    I was able to disable GSync from nvidia control panel, which also didnt allow 144hz. The monitor is advertised as being able to do 4k 144hz and is the superior model to the gp version that requires 2 DP cables. I read somewhere that it is supposed to achieve 144hz with the single dp cable as long as it can handle the signal hence why I got the 8k capable DP cable. This is very confusing, not sure why it would be advertised this way if its not achievable... There has to be a way.
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @Kubinb12

You can try to reinstall the display adapters to check if that makes any difference with the monitor.

How to Properly Update Graphics Driver in Windows 11

Check the above image to uninstall the display driver.

NOTE: Make sure to reboot the computer after uninstalling the display driver.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,554 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>>I was able to disable GSync from nvidia control panel, which also didnt allow 144hz. The monitor is advertised as being able to do 4k 144hz and is the superior model to the gp version that requires 2 DP cables.>>>>

Yes, but as mentioned yesterday, we really can't be sure that the blank screen at 144Hz is due to the monitor itself or the single DP signal source.

In other words, the card itself might not be capable of delivering 144Hz output into a single 144Hz capable DP input port. 

Jack E/NJ

• Kubinb12
    Kubinb12 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    That may be the answer, supposedly I am reading that the firmware upgrade on the 1080ti, that brings the dp version up to handle 144hz 4k, is finicky and doesn't work 100%. I guess the next step is to upgrade the GPU. I appreciate the help and commitment! I'm not sure when I'll be upgrading, that new 40 series looks attractive so it may be a while, but I will return to this thread to update if that fixes it for other people that may have the same question.

Thanks again.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,554 Trailblazer
    Options
    Finickiness can also suggests mainboard-dependent behavior. But yes, please keep us posted on how you make out one way or the other. Good luck with it. :)

Jack E/NJ