Acer Aspire 7 : sound problem

YASSINEBiz
YASSINEBiz Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I have newly bought an acer aspire 7 and unfortunatly the sound is scratshing when at low level how can i fix that  ? 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Right click and uninstall the audio device drivers. Then exit Device Manager without trying to re-install anything. Then open Control Panel. Search 'button ' Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the next pane. Then scroll down and UNcheck the box for fast startup. Then shutdown Windows normally. Then turn it back on and let Windows automatically install fresh copies of the audio devcie drivers. Test again.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Right click tray speaker icon open sound settings. Click sound control panel in right pane. Right click speakers properties. Click advanced tab. Try 16-bit sound levels. Test again a low volumes.

Jack E/NJ

• YASSINEBiz

Tinkerer

I ve tried that but the problem still persists 
  • JackE
    How low are you setting volume level? And how are you setting volume level?

Jack E/NJ

• YASSINEBiz

Tinkerer

I'm at 16% level  
  • JackE
    Open Device Manager. Do you see any red or yellow warning symbols?

Jack E/NJ

• YASSINEBiz

Tinkerer

No actually this is what i have : 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Right click and uninstall the audio device drivers. Then exit Device Manager without trying to re-install anything. Then open Control Panel. Search 'button ' Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the next pane. Then scroll down and UNcheck the box for fast startup. Then shutdown Windows normally. Then turn it back on and let Windows automatically install fresh copies of the audio devcie drivers. Test again.

Jack E/NJ

• YASSINEBiz

Tinkerer

I did everything then now there is no sound but is showing me realtek audio at the bottom
  • YASSINEBiz

Tinkerer

Thanks a lot sir i ve installed realtek audio from acer download center and everything is fine :smiley:

• JackE
    Thanks for reporting back on your success! :)

Jack E/NJ