I want to fit a M.2 SSD Acer XC840

Andyman
Andyman Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi
I have a Acer XC840 desktop, I want to fit a M.2 SSD, Acer tell me that it has a socket which I have confirmed but the units Acer suggest are there own make that I can't find in the UK, does anyone please know what other make I could fit, it's only required for faster boot.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This model supports nvme gen3x4 ssds:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Have you tried Crucial.com
    I'm not sure if they ship to the UK ?
    https://www.crucial.com/products/ssd/ssd-buying-guide
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Andyman

Acer is just one of the many manufacturers that make M.2 SSD. I have close to one dozen of M.2 NVMe SSD, and none of them is from Acer.

Can you take a picture of the M.2 slot and attach it here?

If the M.2 slot has two notches, then it may be "B" key slot, will use M.2 SATA SSD

If it has just one notch, and just 4-pin or 5-pin at the narrower side, it is the "M" key, will use PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD.

It is important to note whether it is 4-pin or 5-pin at the narrower side.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This model supports nvme gen3x4 ssds:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Andyman
    Andyman Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thanks all, I spoke to a Crucial technical person today and have ordered one, thanks again.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    edited May 2022