I need a replacement power cord for a R242Y

Options
fuelhead7
fuelhead7 Member Posts: 6 New User
My power cord got ruined and I cannot find a proper replacement...

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    For less than $20, much easier to get a whole new power supply which includes a new AC cord. Simply google search r242y & adapter for vendors who ship to your location.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    For less than $20, much easier to get a whole new power supply which includes a new AC cord. Simply google search r242y & adapter for vendors who ship to your location.

Jack E/NJ

• fuelhead7
    Options
    Turns out that is not the correct power adapter....
  • JackE
    Options
    What is incorrect about the adapter? Where did you order it from?

Jack E/NJ

• fuelhead7
    Options
    Ebay, the exact description typed above, in fact it even had the same pic...but the end is wrong
  • fuelhead7
    Options
    Here is an oversized picture
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Options
    fuelhead7 said:
    Only GET THE OEM ADAPTOR THAT ACER MAKES - DO NOT purchase any cheap nasty copies and none OEM adaptors from eBay, Amazon and especially Eli Express and Made in China as they are all dangerous and not tested and have been proven to explode and cause serious damage and fires!!!

These copied components especially batteries are very dangerous and not the same specs as the OEM tested Acer components that Acer sells as OEM! B every careful as there are allot of copied none OEM components that look OEM but are NOT! Replacing charger/adaptors and especially batteries with cheap copies is a fire hazard and can cause an explosion in extreme cases due to their none compliant components and can also cause serious injuries! 
  • fuelhead7
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    fuelhead7 said:
    Only GET THE OEM ADAPTOR THAT ACER MAKES - DO NOT purchase any cheap nasty copies and none OEM adaptors from eBay, Amazon and especially Eli Express and Made in China as they are all dangerous and not tested and have been proven to explode and cause serious damage and fires!!!

These copied components especially batteries are very dangerous and not the same specs as the OEM tested Acer components that Acer sells as OEM! B every careful as there are allot of copied none OEM components that look OEM but are NOT! Replacing charger/adaptors and especially batteries with cheap copies is a fire hazard and can cause an explosion in extreme cases due to their none compliant components and can also cause serious injuries! 
    Believe me, I want an OEM part, and I wanna buy it from acer, but from what I can tell they don't sell one!!!
  • JackE
    Options
    Acer doesn't manufacture adapters, they re-label those made by other manufacturers. Furthermore, the adapters are often regionally or country specific so they should be purchased from a vendor who sells monitor parts in the same country or region the monitor was purchased in. The specsheet list the adapter with a manufacturer, not Acer, part number.  The google search "Adapter 3M 19V/1.58A 30W" reveals it is for Acer and PackardBell devices. So it is probably the correct one. The manufacturer part no. isn't helpful.
    "

Jack E/NJ

• fuelhead7
    Options
    I'll buy it and let you know!
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Good luck.

Jack E/NJ