Nitro 5 AN515-42-R7EB Pressed a power button but it does nothing. My laptop won't turn on at all.

Options
Tonao
Tonao Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hi

Recently my laptop just worked fine until I shut down to turn it on again. However when I pressed a power button nothing happened, no fans or any tickling sound just silent, and my laptop won't turn on at all, not even booting or Acer screen.

My battery is still fully charged. I pluged in and a battery light is still blue, no blinking. However when I pressed a power button usually it will lights blue and it boots but now there's nothing happen (see a picture)

I don't know if my power button just broken but I'm afraid it might be more than that. Actually some key on a keyboard was broken before due to the rain poured down into my house in 3 years ago, but the power button still worked until now

I tried some methods like holding down a button for 10 to 40 seconds or holding down a pinhole button in a back side but not working

Mine is Nitro 5 AN515-42-R7EB. MFG in 2019

Thank you.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,949 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Tonao try to press harder than a bit. There is a chance that your power button is broken. Check this video here to try to turn the laptop on without using the power button however it is not recommended if you don't really know anything about working on the motherboard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsisRlG_buk
    It is better to take the laptop to a repair shop to let them try it for you. If they confirmed that the keyboard is broken, you can replace it.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Tonao
    Tonao Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Thank You.

Actually I've sent my laptop to a local shop two or three days ago (It's not Acer store but it's like an official dealer for laptop and PC brands). Recently I've a call and they said it was like the power just stuck in a motherboard and it can't supplies to other hardwares, including my on-board keyboard. Sounds strange but I understand why it can't turned on at all. They're repairing it now and since the repairing price are at reasonable rate so I don't have a problem with it.

However they said my laptop can upgrade with M2. I didn't decided yet but I want to know if I should upgrade with it.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,949 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Tonao this model support M.2 SATA SSD only. Some great M.2 SATA SSDs are Samsung 860 EVO, Kingston A400, WD Green M.2
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,451 Trailblazer
    Options
    Tonao said:
    Hi

Recently my laptop just worked fine until I shut down to turn it on again. However when I pressed a power button nothing happened, no fans or any tickling sound just silent, and my laptop won't turn on at all, not even booting or Acer screen.

My battery is still fully charged. I pluged in and a battery light is still blue, no blinking. However when I pressed a power button usually it will lights blue and it boots but now there's nothing happen (see a picture)

I don't know if my power button just broken but I'm afraid it might be more than that. Actually some key on a keyboard was broken before due to the rain poured down into my house in 3 years ago, but the power button still worked until now

I tried some methods like holding down a button for 10 to 40 seconds or holding down a pinhole button in a back side but not working

Mine is Nitro 5 AN515-42-R7EB. MFG in 2019

Thank you.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

If your laptop worked before then its a matter of resetting the bios, Unplug the main battery and the CMOS battery (little black battery) for 2 min and plug both of them back in and then press the power key (wait as it will take about 30 sec to boot upt, as the bios has to reet) as it should power your laptop on.

If that doesn't work and your local repair shop said that its the main switch, then you need to get a new part from Acer, contact Acer for that power switch if they have one? As in these Nitro AN515-xx laptops its common that the power key stops working and the laptop doesn't power on, its happened to me many times on a brand new AN515-56 and when I unplugged both of thiose batteries and replugged them the laptop worked perfectly.  
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It would be interesting to check this switch:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)