Acer spin 3 SP314-21 some keys not working

MThrone
MThrone Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello 

I have a Spin SP314-21 laptop Win11 where the keys on the right side of the keyboard do not work unless using the fn key held down. I have tried troubleshoot keyboard, mouse pad, reset computer, chkdsk, uninstall/install drivers and updated it. Its a couple years old and no warranty. If I am missing something please enlighten me. The SSD is fast and no errors found. ???

Thanks if someone has something let me know! 

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• Athwart
    Athwart Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Are the keys that aren't working the embedded numeric pad? Do they produce numbers instead of letters when you press them without the Fn key i.e. u=4, i=5, o=6 etc? If so, press the NumLk key - F12 or Fn+F12. This toggles between the numeric & alpha keys.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    MThrone said:
    Hello 

I have a Spin SP314-21 laptop Win11 where the keys on the right side of the keyboard do not work unless using the fn key held down. I have tried troubleshoot keyboard, mouse pad, reset computer, chkdsk, uninstall/install drivers and updated it. Its a couple years old and no warranty. If I am missing something please enlighten me. The SSD is fast and no errors found. ???

Thanks if someone has something let me know! 

Merna
    There must be something wrong with your Spin SP314-21 keyboard, if your laptop is still under warranty send it back to Acer support so that they can diagnose the problem why the right side is not working? And replace the keyboard under warranty, otherwise and if your laptop is not under warranty, get a new keyboard and replace it, as that should not be happening with a correctly functioning keyboard. 
  • MThrone
    Thanks @Athwart ! No they work normal with the fn key. Nothing appears when you try to type without it. 

@StevenGen Thank you! It is out of warranty. 

Thank you all so much! Guess its a new keyboard! 
  • MThrone
    Ok Ok now who ever can help me. I found a new keyboard for this model and it wasn't cheap. It does the same thing!! half the keyboard does not work. Its not software, so Help please??!!

Thank you