Nitro 50-620 Increasing RAM Speed?

Donyule
Donyule Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hi there, I have the Acer Nitro 50-620 with the GT 1660 Super.
I've bought some new Corsair Legacy 8GB sticks, two of them. 
I've installed them into my desktop but the speeds aren't able to be changed.
Any way I can sort this out? My BIOS date is 2021 so, maybe it needs an update?
Would rather check first before messing about.

Thank you!

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Donyule said:
    JackE said:
    That's because your mainboard's maximum RAM buss speed is 3200MHz, NOT 3600MHz. Accordingly the Corsairs automatically downshift to match the mainboard's maximum 3200MHz capability. 
    Unfortunately, they're running only at 2133MHz and I'm unsure on how to change it.

Hi,
    You have installed XMP profile memory modules and you don't have XMP enabled system, you also can not enable XMP in BIOS, so I would suggest you return Corsair modules and buy memory modules with JEDEC profiles.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    What frequency max are the Corsairs rated at? CPU-RAM buss should run up to 3200MHz

Jack E/NJ

• Donyule
    JackE said:
    What frequency max are the Corsairs rated at? CPU-RAM buss should run up to 3200MHz
    They're 3600MHz! But I can't find anyway to change anything at all. 
  • JackE
    That's because your mainboard's maximum RAM buss speed is 3200MHz, NOT 3600MHz. Accordingly the Corsairs automatically downshift to match the mainboard's maximum 3200MHz capability. 

Jack E/NJ

• Donyule
    JackE said:
    Unfortunately, they're running only at 2133MHz and I'm unsure on how to change it.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Donyule said:
    JackE said:

Hi,
    You have installed XMP profile memory modules and you don't have XMP enabled system, you also can not enable XMP in BIOS, so I would suggest you return Corsair modules and buy memory modules with JEDEC profiles.
  • JackE
    >>>Corsair Legacy>>>

Legacy? Doesn't sound like a good name for those sodimms. :)

Jack E/NJ