My CPU and GPU RPM is not at all going below 4200RPM. Predator G3-571.

Preethammarle
Preethammarle Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2022 in Predator Laptops
My laptop model is ACER Predator G3-571. I am a Master's student, recently I started to work on my research project. After running a few simulations I think my laptop got spoiled. Now I have stopped running simulations but still, CPU and GPU speeds are not at all going below 4200 RPM, and it is getting hot easily. 
Before at normal work it was running at 2500 RPM, recently I have never seen my laptop running at that speed. 

I have attached my FAN rpm photo and also Used Beanchmark Result photo. I am not understanding what is the problem. 
Please help me!! :(:(

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Did you re-boot yet? Also, open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' in next pane. The scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Then shutdown Windows normally.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Fan speed should reduce by turning coolboost off.

Jack E/NJ

• Preethammarle
    I switched off Coolboost but it didn't work.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Did you re-boot yet? Also, open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' in next pane. The scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Then shutdown Windows normally.

Jack E/NJ

• Preethammarle
    Thank you Jack. The Fan speed reduced now to 2500 RPM.
  • JackE
    Thanks for reporting back on your success. :)

Jack E/NJ