Black vertical line on screen and the warranty Swift 3 SF314-511-54Y9

Options
Guz85
Guz85 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
I bought this Swift 3 SF314-511-54Y9 ten days ago and this morning I found a thin black vertical line on the screen. I have read discussions on this and since the line also appears on BIOS screen I assume this is hardwarre problem. I dont have any idea how this happened. I basically have only been using it on my desk and never brought it anywhere or did anything that could risk the hardware and like I said it's only ten days old. Is this problem covered by the warranty if I take it to service center? 

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Guz85 if you have not done any damage to the laptop, it should be covered by the warranty. Take it to the service center to let the technicians inspect the problem.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is very likely covered, but coverage is dependent on your locale, so a general answer like above could be incorrect for some countries.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Guz85 if you have not done any damage to the laptop, it should be covered by the warranty. Take it to the service center to let the technicians inspect the problem.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It is very likely covered, but coverage is dependent on your locale, so a general answer like above could be incorrect for some countries.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.