New XR382CQK is very fuzzy I have not found anything to change as yet

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Sorry. What docking station do you have? It might have an active signal converter and it's own software. Those are usually fairly expensive. But even those can still degrade the HDMI signal. If the Lenovo's 520 gpu natively supports 3840x1600 by itself without the help of the docking station, then the direct connection would still be better and probably make the monitor 100% acceptable,

Jack E/NJ

• PenSmith
    PenSmith Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Options
    It's a ThinkPad Ultra Dock Type 40A2 20V

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>SAdly, this is a work laptop, work display.  I was just made full time, so took my HP monitor home and they bought me this behemoth. >>>

Interesting situation you're in. Sounds like they decided which laptop, dock & display you got. Do they also have any expertise & responsibility for making sure the whole setup is 100% acceptable to you instead of 95%? Or did they expect you to figure it out?

Jack E/NJ

• PenSmith

Tinkerer

Options
    Funny.  I work for a company that is a conglomerate, one that owns a lot of companies.  The laptop came from corporate about 2 years ago, then I transferred to another site, that site had a docking station for me already, and it worked.  The original "monitor" the gave me was flat screen, but like 18" square.  It was horrible, so I brought in my own HP HD 24" monitor.  Once they made made me permanent at this site, I said I wanted my own monitor.  Slightly bigger than the 24" if possible.  I was not expecting the 38" curved monitor...  But it is working.

• PenSmith

Tinkerer

Options

Time to add insult in injury with this post, might create a new one...

Anyway, old Thinkpad is being replaced (battery charging issue). New laptop is a Microsoft Surface 4. I installed it and basically am starting from scratch with this setup. Now at a point where the resolution is set to 1920 x1080 (max with laptop), and have the 4" wide black blank screen areas on each side of my active display. This laptop uses the I5 Intel with the Iris Xe graphics card. Through the diplay properties, I can set it to wide mode, but that just fills the entire screen by stretching the 1920x1080.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Surface 4 specs say the USB-C DP Alt mode supports 4K@60Hz. How are you connecting?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.