Predator orion 3000 PSU without power switch

Options
Nexed_
Nexed_ Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter
I bought orion 3000 some time ago and I saw that PSU doesn't have a power switch, is that ok? Also for some reason when I plug the PC into power strip it causes the power outage. That power outage only affects the power strip and the outlet in the room. When gaming PSU works without any problems even under heavy load.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Nexed_ does the breaker trip when you plug the PC in?  
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Nexed_
    Options
    @AnhEZ28 Yes. Only when I plug it. When I turn it on it's fine. Also I don't think it's the PSU fault, before I got the PC someone prepared it in the store. By that I mean drivers and other stuff. So they had to turn it on and I'm guessing if the PC would cut their brakers they would do something about it.
  • AnhEZ28
    Options
    @Nexed_ try to plug the case directly to the outlet or some other outlets that is protected by different breakers.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Your Predator should turn on automatically when you plug it into a surge arrester, it should wait for you to press the power button. Likely the surge arrester is old enough it no longer handles the initial surge when power is applied or it's rates at too few watts of power supported.
    Normal usage is to leave the surge arrester on all the time and turn on and off the computer and monitor via their power buttons.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nexed_
    Options
    @billsey I bought a new power strip second day I plugged the PC. This power strip should handle about 4000 W so I think it's my house bad wiring or something like that.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    It could be, though there was one other thing I thought of. Some systems (usually servers) have the ability to define what they should do when AC is first applied, so they can turn back on automatically after power is restored from a power failure. Which PO3 model do you have? It should be something like PO3-6xx-xxxx... Check in your BIOS and see if there is a Restore on AC Power Loss entry in the Power tab. If so it might be set to "Last State" and you likely should have it in "Off" instead.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AnhEZ28
    Options
    @Nexed_ maybe the breaker is bad or something is wrong with it. If different outlets don't trip, you can call an electrician to inspect that particular area.