Acer Nitro 5- AN515-55-53E Screen flickering Basically my screen below the static bar is frozen.

Kqsmos
Kqsmos Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Does anyone know how to fix this? I've attached a picture below. Basically my screen below the static bar is frozen. The screen will update from time to time, but it is really hard to access anything as I cannot see my mouse.
[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    (1) Shut down Windows normally if you can. If not, press and hold power button till machine shuts off.
    (2) Then remove charger.
    (3) Then press and hold power button again for about 10 seconds
    (4) Then plug charger back in but wait for battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue
    (5) Turn laptop back on

Jack E/NJ

• Kqsmos

Tinkerer

Thank you! It seems to have fixed itself after a while, but the glitch happened when I opened league of legends, so the next time the glitch happens I will try your method.
  • JackE
    I think the problem is that the screen resolution changes in the games, but doesn't automatically go back to normal Wndows resolution when you stop playing the game. Sometimes the only solution is to shut down. Then turn machine back on. 

Jack E/NJ

• Kqsmos

Tinkerer

I've found out more about the glitch. After I let my laptop rest for a while it is usable again, but after a while of using the laptop the glitch happens whenever I try to fullscreen a video and the screen freezes like before, but the laptop is usable again if I just press escape and minimize the video again. If I open and start a game then my computer will fully seize up and be unusable. I tried your method above but it did not work, as the screen even freezes on the logjn screen.
  • AKASH29
    AKASH29 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

@JackE no the problem is screen because the screen tearing lines can be seen in bios as well

• AKASH29

Tinkerer

@kqsmos try to clean laptop fan or display connector is damaged because i also have same problem 
  • Kqsmos

Tinkerer

I cleaned the laptop fans, but it still isn't working. I just decided to send my computer in to acer warehouse to get it fixed. If they tell me what the problem is then I will update this post.
  • JackE
    >>> I just decided to send my computer in to acer warehouse to get it fixed. If they tell me what the problem is then I will update this post. >>>

Good decision! Yes please let us know the results. :)

Jack E/NJ

• AKASH29

Tinkerer

@Kqsmos
     did you get fixed ?

• Kqsmos

Tinkerer

I sent it in, but they havent fixed it yet.
  • Kqsmos

Tinkerer

I just called them and they said it was water damage, but I don't know how much sense that makes.
  • AKASH29

Tinkerer

@Kqsmos im also facing same problem can you inform me when u solve the problem 
  • AKASH29

Tinkerer

did they told to change the screen(LCD) or ?
  • AKASH29

Tinkerer

edited May 2022
    for me prblem arise when room temperature is cool 

• Kqsmos

Tinkerer

They told me to contact them again, but I cant right now. I will update later tonight
  • Kqsmos

Tinkerer

I called them back, and they said that the problem was that there was a liquid spill on the electronics, and would cost 860 dollars to fix it. But I'm not sure that they're being very honest as if there was a liquid spill I would assume that it would fry all the electronics, rendering the computer useless. But the computer is still working and nothing is wrong except for the screen.
  • Kqsmos

Tinkerer

edited May 2022
    Should I just have them return it so that I can try to fix it myself?
  • JackE
    Kqsmos>>>>they said it was water damage, but I don't know how much sense that makes. >>>>they said that the problem was that there was a liquid spill on the electronics>>>But I'm not sure that they're being very honest>>>I would assume that it would fry all the electronics>>>

If you think a liquid spill was possible then yes it could cause only flickering screen behavior if the liquid only reached the video circuits on the mainboard. So no, It wouldn't necessarily fry the whole mainboard. Sorry.

Jack E/NJ

• Kqsmos

Tinkerer

I find it weird though that theyre charging this much if only the motherboard needs to be replaced. The price theyre asking for is what I bought the computer for
  • JackE
    Yes, the charge for an out of warranty repair like this be as much as a factory-refurbished, re-certified and warrantied unit from the acerrecertified.com store. Even the wholesale price for a replacement mainboard is over $400usd which doesn't even include installation labor costs. Sorry.

Jack E/NJ