Predator Helios 300 PH317-53 Keyboard Replacement

Options
Ingenious33
Ingenious33 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2022 in Predator Laptops
Hi there:

I am looking to replace the keyboard on my Predator Helios 300 due to some liquid being spilled on it. Several keys are now sticking, and some of the key hinges are broken or I can't get them back in properly after trying to clean all of the keys... the number pad (0 Ins and . Del) key hinges are different than all the other ones and has thrown me for a loop - I don't know if there are pivots in the middle of them or what but they don't sit right anymore. So to save my sanity, I am thinking that it is best to fully replace.

Model PH317-53-7777 MFG Date: 019/11/25  - Edmonton, Canada.

Any info, guides or part # to order would be greatly appreciated. Replacement key videos don't show the larger number pad hinges and I've Googled and went through several YouTube videos trying to sort it out.

Cheers,

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,480 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, once you remove the keycovers, it's nearly impossible to get their teeter-totter hinge assemblies back on.

The part no. is 6B.Q53N4.001. It's usually sold as the whole top assembly that fits other helios models as well. You can also google search ph317-53 keyboard for vendors who sell just the keyboard itself. This might save a  bit of money but also a bit more work to install.

Jack E/NJ