Can you help me troubleshoot screen Helios 300 screen wont turn on

Diamondstarii
Diamondstarii Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2022 in Predator Laptops
My Helios 300 screen wont turn on but when I plug in HDMI I can see the Laptop is working. It doesnt see the screen and I have tried to reset, reboot, unplug peripherals, whats left? 

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,762 Pathfinder
    @Diamondstarii do you see anything on the external display when you plug the HDMI in?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Diamondstarii
    I do have a picture from the external hdmi.AnhEZ28 said:
    @Diamondstarii do you see anything on the external display when you plug the HDMI in?
    I do have picture on the external hdmi and laptop overall is working normally except for built in screen.
  • AnhEZ28
    @Diamondstarii try to press Fn+F5 to switch to Duplicate mode (do not stop at PC screen only mode). If the internal display doesn't work, either the screen or the EDP cable is faulty. You can use a flashlight and shine it through the Predator logo on the back or directly to the screen to check if the screen is still working or not.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Diamondstarii
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @Diamondstarii try to press Fn+F5 to switch to Duplicate mode (do not stop at PC screen only mode). If the internal display doesn't work, either the screen or the EDP cable is faulty. You can use a flashlight and shine it through the Predator logo on the back or directly to the screen to check if the screen is still working or not.
    I tried duplicate mode and no results. Tried video chat and camera turned on but the screen doesnt work looks like it may be a cable issue.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,929 Trailblazer
    I do have picture on the external hdmi and laptop overall is working normally except for built in screen.

Do you see any faint image on your Helios 300 screen? Turn the laptop on in a dark room and see if you see any faint image? If you do then its a backlight screen problem that can be fixed by an experienced tech or you need to replace the laptops screen. Give us the exact Helios 300 model so that we can give you the Acer part number screen replacement. Look at all these issues as not having a screen image is either a backlight or a screen plug/cable fault to the mobo. 

• Diamondstarii
    StevenGen said:

Do you see any faint image on your Helios 300 screen? Turn the laptop on in a dark room and see if you see any faint image? If you do then its a backlight screen problem that can be fixed by an experienced tech or you need to replace the laptops screen. Give us the exact Helios 300 model so that we can give you the Acer part number screen replacement. Look at all these issues as not having a screen image is either a backlight or a screen plug/cable fault to the mobo. 

Model is N17C3
  • AnhEZ28
    @Diamondstarii did you try shining the light on the screen?