Swift 3 SF313-52 screen suddenly appears damaged

Options
Bmil123
Bmil123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

My Acer Swift SF313-52 screen suddenly appeared like it was damaged. The resolution dropped and it looked like there was a filter placed over the screen. Sometimes when programs are minimised they appear to remain open but at 50% capacity, this tends to happen after 10-15 minutes of use and can be reset by spread the laptop. Whitish light also gradually appears on the screen travelling up from the taskbar, have shown this in the linked photos, this also goes away after restarting the laptop. I have connected the laptop to an external display and it showed no signs of what was happening on my laptop screen. I haven’t dropped or damaged the laptop in anyway, it seemed to switch out of no where whilst I was using it.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options
    Is it still under warranty?

Jack E/NJ

• Bmil123
    Bmil123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    Is it still under warranty?
    Yes it is 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK. Let's try a factory reset. Shut the laptop off normally. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A menu should appear to allow you to reset the machine while saving your personal files or a complete erase everything factory reset. The erase everything reset is preferred but you can try a reset while saving personal files to see if it fixes the problem.

Jack E/NJ