Battery issue with 6 month old laptop - Turns off when unplugging power cord AN515-45

Cole_Brown
Cole_Brown Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hi there,
In the last couple of days my laptop has started turning off immediately after the power cord is removed. It also will not turn on without the power cord plugged in.
I have undertaken a battery report, and I have spotted a potential issue, see image below. For some reason the it now thinks the battery is many times bigger than it's actual size.
The things I did in the days before this issue arose, included installing a thrustmaster racing force feedback software and downloading a game called Assetto Corsa.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to fix this, or whether you think my battery/laptop needs repair or replacement.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• Paulie97531
    Paulie97531 Member Posts: 2 New User
    my acer aspire also out of the blue has done the same need a fix for this please have tried the battery reset but that didn`t work

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Cole_Brown
    What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH.

Model is Nitro AN515-45 based on system information.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    @Cole_Brown
    try to uninstall these two battery drivers. of
    Or turn the laptop off, unplug the charger, press the power button for 10 secs, and try again. What is the current charging light color and the percentage of the battery?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the motherboard lithium battery?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Cole_Brown
    @egydiocoelho The lithium battery is non-removable. i.e. it's wired directly to the computer.
    Presumably by tampering with this wiring I would void my manufacturer warranty.
  • Cole_Brown
    @AnhEZ28 
    Hi there,
    Apologies for the late reply.
    1. I uninstalled the battery drivers and restarted my computer. As you will see in the attached battery report PDF, it thinks the battery has been changed. The 'capacity remaining' that is now coming up is consistent with the 'full charge capacity', which was not the case earlier as you can see in the report. However, the computer still immediately turns off after unplugging the power cord.
    2. I tried this, however it made no change. Please note that my battery is non-removable.
    3. The charging light of the battery is blue, and the computer is reporting 100% charge.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    @Cole_Brown no problem. If the laptop still has the warranty, I would recommend you contact the store you have bought or Acer so they can provide the battery replacement for you.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer