Acer Vero, I wanted to know what the Maximum Ram I can upgrade.

senpaai
senpaai Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, i just wanted to know what is the maximum amount of RAM i can upgrade for my acer vero? Now i have 8GB of RAM which was soldered on the motherboard, i was thinking on getting 1 stick of 16GB RAM. I was wondering if that is possible? Because i dont know the maximum capacity of RAM that this laptop can handle
 [Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,089 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like AV15-xx.
    EDIT:
    If it's a AV15-51, you can only add another 8GB in the empty slot to make the maximum memory of 16GB.
    https://www.kingstonmemoryshop.co.uk/laptop/acer/aspire-vero-av15-51-series/acer-aspire-vero-av15-51-5155-laptop

• Shvitzer2000
    Shvitzer2000 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

Really? You can't add 16 or 32 gig sticks?

• Shvitzer2000
    Shvitzer2000 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2023

Dunno, but people really need to do their research, run the following command for command line to determine max RAM:

wmic memphysical get max capacity

Divide number by 1024 twice and you get your gig total ram laptop can handle, in the case of Vero - 32gig

Whether that's a 32 gig stick in the second slot or 16, still means you can get 24 gig of RAM.

• Gana4066
    Gana4066 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited February 2023

@senpaai

Hello

To determine the maximum amount of RAM your Acer Veriton can handle, you will need to refer to the specifications of your specific model.

In general, most Acer Veriton models support up to 16GB of RAM, with some newer models supporting up to 32 GB.

To upgrade the RAM, you must purchase DDR4 SODIMM memory with the correct specifications for your laptop, including the right speed and voltage.

These are the steps to find the maximum ram that supported by the laptop

1. User manual: Look for the specifications section of your Acer Veriton user manual to find the maximum RAM backed.
    2. Acer's website: You can check the product specifications for your specific Acer Veriton model on Acer's website. Look for the memory section, and the maximum RAM capacity should be listed there.
    3. System information: On your Acer Veriton laptop, you can access the System Information to see the amount of RAM installed and the maximum RAM supported by your System. To access System Information, you can press the Windows key + X and select System.
    4. CPU-Z: You can use the free software CPU-Z to check the specifications of your Acer Veriton laptop, including the maximum RAM supported. Download and install CPU-Z, run the program, and go to the Memory tab to view the details.
    5. I don't have the exact model provided by you, but this answer helps check the max ram supported.
    6. If the maximum supported is 16 GB, you cant put 16Gigs Card in, but if its 32 Gigs, there's a chance

• Mis
    Mis Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I currently have 40 gb on my Acer Vero!

Make sure to check how much your CPU can handle and test your RAM!