No Boot Nitro AN517-52

Options
ToolPunk
ToolPunk Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited May 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Last night we didn't plug in our laptop (which we have done many times since owning the computer for over a year now). Today we plug it in, turn it on and the screen lights up for 2-3 second but then it does nothing. No fans, no Boot noises, screen turns right back off.

The blue power plug light is on, it doesn't show that it is charging like normal (orange light). I opened the back and unplugged the battery and it still won't boot with just the power plug.... I removed the SSD, ram and the battery and still no change, no Boot. I don't know what to do from here... What is causing it to do nothing? Would a bad power plug make the blue light come on but not be enough to charge or boot the computer?

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• ToolPunk

Tinkerer

Options
    I suppose I should mention the following:

Nitro AN517-52

Windows 11
    8GB RAM
    x2 SSD
    Original Power Plug
  • ToolPunk

Tinkerer

Options
    Maybe I got it wrong to say that it is orange when charging. I think that the one blue light is to show that it is charging and the other is to show it is paying on.

Shouldn't it boot though with the battery disconnected if the power adapter is good? Because it doesn't boot that way either... I don't know what else to do other then to order a power adapter and try it, then ship it back if that isn't it...
  • ToolPunk

Tinkerer

Options
    Well I guess I have myself a $1200 paper weight because I tried a different power adapter and the same thing.... Blue light on battery... I push power and there is the blue power light for 2-3 seconds and the screen flows but then it just shuts off... We used this computer for work and schooling... What a waste...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try resetting the battery: disable fast startup in power options, turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ToolPunk

Tinkerer

Options
    Try resetting the battery: disable fast startup in power options, turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds and leave the computer off for half an hour.

I have already done this and no change.
  • ToolPunk

Tinkerer

Options
    If the motherboard is bad on this computer after less than 2 years I am staying clear of ACER from now on... I have spent a fraction on computers that have lasted 12+ years...
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Options
    @ToolPunk sorry to hear that you are having issues with the laptop. Did you try to connect the laptop to an external monitor or TV? Also, if you have 1 stick of RAM, change it to a different slot.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • ToolPunk

Tinkerer

Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @ToolPunk sorry to hear that you are having issues with the laptop. Did you try to connect the laptop to an external monitor or TV? Also, if you have 1 stick of RAM, change it to a different slot.
    I already tried one RAM at a time because I have 2. How can Connecting it to another monitor help if it is not even booting into the bios... It won't come on longer then 2-3 seconds....
  • ToolPunk

Tinkerer

Options
    I found this on the mother board... I don't know if this is the problem but... This is really disturbing that this gaming laptop that cost is so much money lasted not even 2 years....
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    On-site cleaning is required. A little flux and a heat gun (I think that's the correct term in English) helps to remove this chip! This must be done by an experienced technician!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ToolPunk

Tinkerer

Options
    On-site cleaning is required. A little flux and a heat gun (I think that's the correct term in English) helps to remove this chip! This must be done by an experienced technician!

Where does this work happen? Every repair shop that I call says that if a chip is bad they will just replace the board.... I already spent $1200 on this computer... I don't want to spend another $600 on another board...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    An experienced technician replaces this chip and analyzes the entire motherboard circuit using the electrical schematic. Do you know a technician who understands electronics and electrical schematics? See this technician's channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Electronicsrepairschool/featured

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ToolPunk

Tinkerer

Options
    An experienced technician replaces this chip and analyzes the entire motherboard circuit using the electrical schematic. Do you know a technician who understands electronics and electrical schematics? See this technician's channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Electronicsrepairschool/featured

No I don't know one... That is why I asked, where do I go to get this fixed? No computer/electronics shop in my city or the huge city an hour away do this kind of repair... They only replace the whole motherboard
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In what country do you live?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer