Acer Spin 5 SP513-55N Rubber pad is falling off because glue is deteriorating. How to fix?

Teik
Teik Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello everyone. I have an Acer Spin 5 SP513-55N. Unfortunately one of the rubber pads which contacts the lid when it is closed is falling off (see attached image). It seems the glue is coming off/deteriorating. Don't know why it is happening, perhaps the palm of my hand is doing it by rubbing on it.

Anyone know how to fix it? Double sided tape? Can I glue it back on? Which glue should I use? Can I buy a replacement pad?

Thanks for any help. 

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    @Teik you can use the double sized to stick that back in or use super glue but just put a small amount and keep the hand steady so that you won't mess up the surrounding area.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    I'd use just a touch of silicone adhesive to hold it back in place, that will stay flexible unlike the CS glue like SuperGlue. Double sided tape will be a lot harder to work with.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Goldbuild
    Goldbuild Member Posts: 1 New User

Not that i can help with suggesting a method of fixing the rubber pads, I'm responding because two of the rubber pads on my acer spin 513 have been lost. Can you get spares. Thanks

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

Nope, they don't offer spares except as included in the case halves. You can rebuild them with a little silicone adhesive, just put a small bead down the channel, cover it with some teflon tape and place the laptop on a flat surface. Once the adhesive had cured it will give you a rubbery surface similar to the original pad, albeit not as pretty.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.