Predator 17 g9-793-78cm Motherboard Bios Chip

NightRevengeZ
NightRevengeZ Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I was wondering if anyone could help me locate the Bios Chip on the motherboard of a Predator 17 g9-793-78cm
I've had a black screen issue, and I am attempting to get an eeprom reader to see about working that route since the FN + ESC bios flash didn't work.
I won't be getting the eeprom reader until the weekend so I figured I'd ask and start taking it a part to get prepared.

Thanks!

Answers

• Look for a chip that has a description similar to this:
    25q64fvsig 25q64 W25q64 Winbond Memria Bios 33v Virgem  Shopee Brasil

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NightRevengeZ

Tinkerer

I found my chipset and had everything connected to the: W25Q128FVSIG
    I saved a file of the corrupt version just in case. 

However, I now need to find the Rom/Bin file for the new one.
    The Mu5DC.Bin or Murdc.bin  gave an error of too big of a file for the chip. 
    It will allow me to use the bios 1.14 off the acer website but I don't feel that is the correct way to do it. 

If anyone has an idea where to find bios chip roms, that would be insanely helpful. Thanks!
    Back to my search!

• Ideally, send the computer to a repair center. But maybe you can find the bios file on the bios-mods or winraid websites. In my opinion, the bios should be rewritten by an experienced technician.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NightRevengeZ

Tinkerer

If nothing else, this was a fun adventure where I got to try new things. I appreciate the help along the way. still sucks having a paperweight now.
  • Have you tried rewriting the bios with an eeprom recorder?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NightRevengeZ

Tinkerer

edited May 2022
    Final post, used an eeprom recorder with bios 1.04 to get the .bin file from that. I was able to have it start up with no issue. Just saved myself almost a grand! Thank you @edydiocoelho for sending that photo of the bios chip. mine was the 128  version instead of the 64 but it gave me what I needed.
    There was a helpful post on bios-mods that finished the puzzle piece for me.

Thank you again for this forum and help!