Swift 3 How do I reinstall HEVC

MintyDraws
MintyDraws Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited May 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
At the end of March I upgraded to windows 11 but a few days ago my HEVC stopped working I troubleshooted it and it says the driver was missing so I downloaded what it told me to do but it is still giving me problems It wont let me play windows gaming screen record I have made and it wont let me edit my videos. if i upload it to another site the video plays what should i do. I tried everything as well as got the paid version of HEVC. I need help fixing it. I as well shut down and restarted my computer not like completely reset but like the normal restart. Everything else works fine but HEVC. 

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Best Answer

Answers

• MintyDraws
    I have a Acer Swift 3 and recently stopped working on saturday.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date stamp from Saturday?

Jack E/NJ

• MintyDraws
    @JackE Ill do it when i get home but i do not know the exact date this started I just only started noticing on saturday when i was trying to view a video. If this does work thank you. because I spent over 4 hour last night trying to figure out whats going on. then i kinda gives up but I will try when I have access to my PC. also as I saw on your other pages you posted on it seemed to work for them. for myself I did learn how to work on computers but not laptops as we ran out of time. but thanks
  • JackE
    What's the earliest restore point listed?

Jack E/NJ

• MintyDraws
    edited May 2022
    @JackE it told me to create one and there was no restore point list. it only had the restore point i named it to witch was Acer2 did i do it wrong. because like i letted it sit for like 6 or so hours but it was stuck on restoring registry system so i just powered off my PC the safest way possible. maybe I am doing it wrong. I never had system protection turned on. so i turned it on when i did the restoring
  • JackE
    >>>I never had system protection turned on>>>

OK, then automatic restore points were never recorded. So they're moot points at this point. :)

You said earlier>>>it says the driver was missing so I downloaded what it told me to do>>>

(1) Do you recall what it told you to do?
    (2) What is your full Swift 3 model number. For example, SF314-54?

Jack E/NJ

• MintyDraws
    @JackE will restarting my computer completely fix the problem or no
  • MintyDraws
    also what it told me to do @JackE is it told me to download this app from the microsoft store that would make HEVC to work again but did not work it instead gave me the same error
  • JackE

>>>>it says the driver was missing so I downloaded what it told me to do>>>will restarting my computer completely fix the problem or no>>>

Is restarting also what it told you to do? But you haven't done it yet?

Jack E/NJ

• MintyDraws
    @JackE how do i get model number
  • MintyDraws
    also sorry if this does not get solved. it means i just wont be able to play 4k videos and make videos. it only lets me play low quality videos on my video players but if i upload it to like discord or another site and play it it will work. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    The  model number should be on the same sticker as your SN and SNID. You can also get the model series from System Information in Windows.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MintyDraws
  • MintyDraws
    edited May 2022
    I am reaching 1k subscribers soon and the video editor i use only works if i have HEVC installed on it. and i need it fixed fast because I am only a few away from 1k maybe like 3-4 subs. It also works if i have super really low quality videos like so blurry to see and my content not like that it is like good quality
  • JackE
    Please answer the questions I've been asking you.

>>>>it says the driver was missing so I downloaded what it told me to do>>>will restarting my computer completely fix the problem or no>>>

Is restarting also what it told you to do? But you haven't done it yet?

Jack E/NJ

• MintyDraws
    @JackE sorry i was busy but i did not restart it yet
  • MintyDraws
    @JackE the model number is Swift SF314-55
  • MintyDraws
    this is what it shows after i got the HEVC apps 
    I got it to
  • JackE
    >>> i did not restart it yet>>>

(1) Shut down laptop normally.

(2) Unplug charger

(3) Gently insert paperclip into battery disconnect pinhole on bottom for about a minute (see image below)

(4) Plug charger back in but wait for battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue

(5) After battery charge LED turns steady blue, turn laptop back on

Jack E/NJ

• MintyDraws
    @JackE will my files stay