Aspire A315-58G/HDD-1T, How to untie UEFI into a regular Legacy Boot to install an operating system.

ardoc
ardoc Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi friends :-) , I have a new laptop Acer Aspire 3 A315-58G / HDD-1T  without an operating system. 
I go to BIOS - F2:

1) Main - F12 Boot menu - "Enabled".
2) Set supervizor password - set password.
3) Boot - Security Boot - "Disabled"
4) Main - I press on the keyboard "Ctrl+S" There are two menus: Tachpad end VMD controller - "Disabled", 
Not on the menu: SATA Mode - To change "AHCI."!? 

How to untie UEFI into a regular Legacy Boot to install an operating system from a USB flash drive?

Best Answer

• ardoc

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @ardoc this means that the laptop is trying to boot in the EFI. Do you still see the USB info in the F12 boot menu?

Thanks to all  :-)
    Issue resolved.
    Maybe someone will need the information:
    1) replacement BIOS 1.26
    2) Recorded to USB via Ultra.iso
    3) Replaced the file USB - Bootx64.efi
    4) When loading F12 Loaded the driver RST_Intel_18.6.1.1016.2_W10x86W10x64W11x64_A

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,067 Pathfinder
    @ardoc just keep the secure boot enabled. In step 4, disabling the VMD controller is like switching to the AHCI. 
    Press F12 after powering on the laptop and check if you see the USB or not. If the USB is not showing, you will have to recreate the Windows installation for UEFI.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • ardoc

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    @ardoc just keep the secure boot enabled. In step 4, disabling the VMD controller is like switching to the AHCI. 
    Press F12 after powering on the laptop and check if you see the USB or not. If the USB is not showing, you will have to recreate the Windows installation for UEFI.
    F12 - no usb
  • AnhEZ28
    @ardoc try to plug it into different ports 
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • ardoc

Tinkerer

Tried already.
  • ardoc

Tinkerer

ardoc said:
    AnhEZ28 said:
    F12 - no usb
    With the help of "Rufus" GPT, Fat32 uploaded ISO.      F12 - no usb
  • AnhEZ28
    @ardochttps://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 try to use media creation tool from Microsoft.
  • Allow the program to configure the flash drive automatically: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

Then go to the main bios tab and activate f12bootmenu. Then press f12 before the acer logo and choose the flash drive!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ardoc

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    @ardochttps://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 try to use media creation tool from Microsoft.
    The error was in bios 1.25. Installed bios 1.26 usb appeared! :smile: -)
    Now an error while installing the OS  :-( 

• ardoc

Tinkerer

Allow the program to configure the flash drive automatically: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

Then go to the main bios tab and activate f12bootmenu. Then press f12 before the acer logo and choose the flash drive!

I think there may be a problem with NTFS on USB?    Need FAT32 on USB.    What (source/install.*) 4300mb FAT32?
  • The usb stick must be formatted in fat32 and converted to gpt.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AnhEZ28
    @ardoc what error are you getting?
  • ardoc

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    @ardoc what error are you getting?

Error  No file _

• AnhEZ28
    @ardoc this means that the laptop is trying to boot in the EFI. Do you still see the USB info in the F12 boot menu?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ardoc

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    AnhEZ28 said:

Thanks to all  :-)
    Issue resolved.
    Maybe someone will need the information:
    1) replacement BIOS 1.26
    2) Recorded to USB via Ultra.iso
    3) Replaced the file USB - Bootx64.efi
    4) When loading F12 Loaded the driver RST_Intel_18.6.1.1016.2_W10x86W10x64W11x64_A