Bios Custom Secure Boot Mode. Iam trying to install signed shim in order to use secure boot with Lin

SimiRT
SimiRT Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in Linux
Hi, I am trying to install signed shim in order to use secure boot with Linux but the custom secure boot mode is grayed out.
I want this so I can play valorant on windows because it requires that the secure boot is on. 

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH. Have you ever created a password in setsupervisorpassword to try to disable and enable secureboot?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Saego
    Saego Member Posts: 3 New User

I have the same issue, Secure Boot is enabled but Secure Boot Mode is on Custom and I'm not able to change it as it is greyed out, my model is A315-33-C89L, even though I've set a password, I'm not able to change it to standard from custom.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

The original poster didn't ever give us their model number, so likely it's different than yours. Best is to start a new thread with your question so you can mark it answered when appropriate. You likely need to set an admin password before taking the secure boot back to factory defaults, then remove the password after, so you don't need to remember it over the long run. Usually custom just means someone has set a different UEFI file as trusted, for instance during a Linux install.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.