Aspire C24 No battery or battery not working.

Farangja
Farangja Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2022 in All-In-One PCs
I have an Aspire C24 all in one purchased in October last year. I have a problem that as soon as the power goes off ( a frequent occurrence here in Thailand) , the computer shuts down straight away. I thought there was a battery back up to prevent this from happening. I have looked on line, tried power management, but nothing woks, Any information would be most welcome.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, if you have an A-i-O like the c24-800 series, it is similar to a desktop, not a laptop. There is no built-in battery-pack. You need a battery-powered  uninterrruptable PSU as backup. 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, if you have an A-i-O like the c24-800 series, it is similar to a desktop, not a laptop. There is no built-in battery-pack. You need a battery-powered  uninterrruptable PSU as backup. 

Jack E/NJ

• Farangja
    Many thanks Jack, I remember having a surge protector / battery back up on my tower computer many, many years ago I guess I will be shopping today!!
    I do not know if mine is an 800 series, but guess they are similar, and your information makes sense. A pity the shop where I bought it did not tell me....LOL
    Again, many thanks.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,665 Trailblazer
    If your model is powered with a brick style power supply like a laptop you can look at the power rating on it. Just make sure the UPS you pick is sized well above that and you should get a decent amount of time running with the power out. Be sure to shut down before the battery in the UPS runs out and you'll be safe.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Farangja
    edited May 2022
    Thanks Billsey, 
    I have just ordered a ups from Lazada  APC Made by Scneider so hopefully is a good make. I checked my Aspire power on Google and it said 65 watts. So going 50% to 75% more the unit should be ok at 500va and 300 watts.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,665 Trailblazer
    Sounds like a good choice, I've always been pleased with my APC units. I have a 1500VA on my servers here at the house and a slightly smaller one on my desktop.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.