bluetooth not seeing other devices spin 713 3w

stevewoods
stevewoods Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2022 in Chromebooks
I have a new spin 713 3w and it doesnt see devices. i have a android phone and tablet and a speaker in the room.  they all see ach each other and can be paired.   the Acer 713 sees non of these.  i have turned BT on and off and re started even powerwashed but nothing changes.  it does occasionally see the tv and then not.  any suggestions?  thank you

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>I have a new spin 713 3w>>>

Immediately return it  to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's return merchandise authorization (RMA) period expires. Usually only a few weeks.

Jack E/NJ

• patrickkelly
    patrickkelly Member Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited May 2022
    Model Spin 713
    CP713-3W-5102
    S/N NXAHA***************
    SNID 11703****************
    Built 2021
    8GB RAM/256GB SSD

I've had my Spin 713 since August, 2021. Until recently, when I went to pair with a Mini-Home device to use as a speaker I would find all of my devices, plus neighbors devices. No, I find only the one Google Mini-Home I use as a speaker and a plethora of televisions. Me? I don't have a television.
    I don't think the change is in my Spin 13 0ut suspect it is a change in the ChromeOS. I seem to recall this change started with ChromeOS100. My Xperia 5II and the Spin 13 are connected but not by Bluetooth. At least it doesn't show up in Bluetooth.

I, too, have Powerwashed since this development began and nothing changed.

Okay. I checked and my Spin 13 only found one Google Home-Mini. I carried my 
    Spin 13 into the kitchen and set it by the home-mini. Nope. Didn't find it. I told the Google Home-Mini to turn on Bluetooth. It said it couldn't find anything but "Kitchen" showed up on my Spin 13. I connect to it via Bluetooth. Now when I look, I see two devices previously paired but when I hunt I don't find anything. Apparently, I can only connect to devices I'm controlling.

Also, when I go to Bluetooth on my Xperia 5 II it says "linked to chromebook" 

If this is confusing it adequately expresses my current status but everything is working but it's transparency rivals Washington, DC.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}