Connecting my B246HL as a second display

Options
brittanyryan201
brittanyryan201 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello, 

I have an Acer B246HL monitor that I am trying to use as a second display. There are two things I know, my wires are working, and the monitor is detecting that something is plugged into it. All that comes up on the screen when I plug in my display to hdmi adapter and hdmi chord to my laptop is a "no signal" Why won't it connect?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try pressing FN+F5 to turn the monitor on.

Jack E/NJ

• TurdBucket
    TurdBucket Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? The FN+F5 is not a valid fix for this. It does not even produce results of any kind.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options
    Normally that type of issue is with the cable or the port.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,094 Pathfinder
    Options
    @brittanyryan201

You can always connect the monitor to laptop using vga, dvi, hdmi cable and through the help of docking station if you have multiple monitors.

Please take a picture of the ports of laptop on your smartphone, take it to a nearby store and purchase the right docking station.

You can purchase a switch splitter.   It will be helpful if you have only one hdmi port on your computer and you need to use two hdmi ports. 

Kindly go through the details from link

You can always purchase external usb adapter or docking station to connect multiple monitors.  

It might be a cable issue..   Remove all the cables from monitor.   Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.    Connect all the cables back.  Try to turn on the monitor.   Connect the monitor to computer and check.  If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.     Try to connect it back and check.    If possible try to use an alternative cable and check.  

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.    Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check.  

On the monitor – use the control buttons.   There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.    Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check  or  Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options
    @brittanyryan201 >>> What is your PC brand and model number?

Jack E/NJ