screen flickering in ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300

SAIRISAN
SAIRISAN Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I have a problem with my laptop ACER PREDATOR PH315-52 MODEL. The laptop screen is flickering. I have checked software updates, display driver updates, uninstall and reinstall driver but still problem. I have noticed that the same thing occur in the BIOS screen too. what should I do? 

Best Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    If it flickers even in BIOS, it maybe a hardware failure, which in this case is your display panel. 
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Does screen fllcker like this when unplugged from charger?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    It is probably the LCD or its video cable &  connectors. Since this is still under warranty, you should click this link, choose your  country, click the support link at the top of the country page, enter your machine's serial number id (SNID) and arrange for warranty repair as soon as possible before the warranty period expires.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for reporting back. Glad it was fixed for you. The usual problem is the LCD video cable or connector. But sometimes the LCD screen itself might have an LED backlight manufacturing defect. Manufacturing isn't 100% perfect all the time. That's what the warranty is supposed to cover. 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

Jack E/NJ

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    If it flickers even in BIOS, it maybe a hardware failure, which in this case is your display panel. 
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • JackE
    Answer ✓

Jack E/NJ

• SAIRISAN

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Yes it is flickering both time as same
  • SAIRISAN

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    So what should I want to do? Go for service? 
  • JackE
    (1) Does an external HDMI cabled to a TV screen flicker too? Press FN+F5 to turn TV screen on?
    (2) Is this laptop still within warranty?

Jack E/NJ

• SAIRISAN

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    (1) Does an external HDMI cabled to a TV screen flicker too? Press FN+F5 to turn TV screen on?
    JackE said:
    1. No. It is working good in external display
    2. yes 1 almost 1 year
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    It is probably the LCD or its video cable &  connectors. Since this is still under warranty, you should click this link, choose your  country, click the support link at the top of the country page, enter your machine's serial number id (SNID) and arrange for warranty repair as soon as possible before the warranty period expires.

Jack E/NJ

• SAIRISAN

Tinkerer

Thank you everyone. I had change my display from service providers using warranty. It working fine with new display.  But what is the reason for this issue? Will this come again? 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for reporting back. Glad it was fixed for you. The usual problem is the LCD video cable or connector. But sometimes the LCD screen itself might have an LED backlight manufacturing defect. Manufacturing isn't 100% perfect all the time. That's what the warranty is supposed to cover. 

Jack E/NJ