Horizontal Lines on my Acer Swift 3 SF314-57-5954 screen

jjvpillarta
jjvpillarta Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited June 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
Is this a hardware or software issue? It disappears whenever I restart my laptop but comes back right after. 

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• jjvpillarta

Tinkerer

Is this a hardware or software issue? It disappears whenever I restart my laptop but comes back right after. 
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ke8JcGoGMmXOYwjRhVx-dAuMRBQOa9NG/view?usp=drivesdk

Here's a vid for your reference. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    That video is not available publicly, so we can't see it. Try posting just a picture here with the lines visible. Do they show up immediately, as in during the Acer splash screen or only after running for a while?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jjvpillarta

Tinkerer

Hi @billsey I have changed the restriction, I believe you can now see it. Thanks
  • billsey
    It looks to me like hardware, since it show up so early, long before the OS starts to load. Which Swift 3 model is it? It should be something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx and the number should be on the same sticker as your SNID.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jjvpillarta

Tinkerer

Hi @billsey apologies for not responding so timely. It's SF314-57-5954
  • billsey
    OK, so a pretty new model, but likely just old enough that you are out of warranty? :( I think those 10th gen units were released just in time for the 2019 Christmas season. It's possible there's an issue with the eDP cable that runs between the motherboard and display/camera. You could open the unit up and check the connection at the motherboard and at the display. The Acer part number for the cable is 50.HJFN8.002 but check the connections before going for a replacement. If it's not the cable then we're looking at the display itself, which is quite a bit more expensive...
  • jjvpillarta

Tinkerer

I appreciate your response so much @billsey. I believe I am still under warranty because I purchased it in December 2020 and the store stated that I would have a two-year warranty on my device. I just hope I heard it correctly.
    I have no idea how to open this and am terrified of doing so. I'm curious how much this will cost if I get a replacement.
  • Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    As billsey says looks like hardware. If it appears on the bios page then it's an hardware issue. 
  • jjvpillarta

Tinkerer

Thank you @Jeyam yes it appears on bios, sadly. Anyway, do you have any idea how much the replacement would cost? 
  • Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/90-where-can-i-order-parts-or-accessories-for-my-computer 

jjvpillarta said:
    Thank you @Jeyam yes it appears on bios, sadly. Anyway, do you have any idea how much the replacement would cost? 

• billsey
    Go ahead and open a ticket with Acer support. If you are no longer in warranty they will tell you and if you still are they will fix it. :)