SF314-57 Bios update was removed from the Acer website

Options
Batmaci
Batmaci Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
I was checking the new Bios updates on Acer website for drivers and saw that latest version of my laptops bios is 1.18 but I have it installed 1.21 on my laptop. Obviously it was later removed because I never install Bios update from some other source than Acer website. I wonder what could be the reason and does it make sense to downgrade for me? I wish that acer gives a short notice at least why the removed it. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Batmaci said:
    I was checking the new Bios updates on Acer website for drivers and saw that latest version of my laptops bios is 1.18 but I have it installed 1.21 on my laptop. Obviously it was later removed because I never install Bios update from some other source than Acer website. I wonder what could be the reason and does it make sense to downgrade for me? I wish that acer gives a short notice at least why the removed it. 

If your Swift SF314-57 works you never ever downgrade of update the bios, you only update a bios if the title of the bios update fixes the issue(s) that its title describes that it fixes for your laptop issues, bios updates are not like software updates that need to be updated to have the latest version, as Acer warns consumers clearly “Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution”” so adhere to that warning, as the v1.21 that you have and you got from Acer is legit and Acer probably have changed that bios as its not appropriate for the newer SF314-57 model number that they have released after your laptop was released. So don’t worry as that bios version does not need to be downgraded as its compatible with your laptop.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are BIOS updates that have been offered though Windows Update that do the EFI portion of the BIOS and not the CMOS portion. That is the likely cause of the version number mismatch. If Acer releases a newer BIOS version on their support site it will be newer than the one offered through WU.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.