How do i solve this error saying error in SMART detection

ahmad28
ahmad28 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

how do i even solve this 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    It a built in warning that either the Hynix SSD boot card or the Toshiba HDD is starting to fail. More than likely it is the Toshiba HDD.

Jack E/NJ

• ahmad28

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    It a built in warning that either the Hynix SSD boot card or the Toshiba HDD is starting to fail. More than likely it is the Toshiba HDD.
    can i fix a failing hard drive or do i need to get a new one
  • JackE
    Sorry, no. Very impractical to fix. It is probably a read/write head hitting the spinning disk and will eventually become unreadable. You should copy the data files from it and replace it as soon as possible. New replacement 2.5" 1TB HDDs are less than $50usd.

Jack E/NJ

• ahmad28

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sorry, no. Very impractical to fix. It is probably a read/write head hitting the spinning disk and will eventually become unreadable. You should copy the data files from it and replace it as soon as possible. New replacement 2.5" 1TB HDDs are less than $50usd.
    so how would i copy the files? and thank you so much for helping

• JackE
    You can connect the HDD to the USB port of another machine and copy the personal files. You'd need an inexpensive 2.5" HDD-to-USB adapter cable. Less than $10usd.

Jack E/NJ

• ahmad28

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    You can connect the HDD to the USB port of another machine and copy the personal files. You'd need an inexpensive 2.5" HDD-to-USB adapter cable. Less than $10usd.

youve been so much help thank you !!!
  • JackE
    Good luck trying to get your personal files off the disk. :)

Jack E/NJ

• VexedbyTech
    VexedbyTech Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks so much, Jack, I’ve just had this issue for the first time and am now quickly downloading my files! You’ve saved me from burying my head in the sand, thanks!

• JackE

Thank you for your report.

Jack E/NJ

• gd29
    gd29 Member Posts: 1 New User

after experiencing the same problem - have found a BIOS update that potentially solves this problem re the hynix ssd boot error message - please look on the support pages - it has worked for me

• Vinr
    Vinr Member Posts: 4 New User

Did a fix work?