Acer Helios 300 Drive Capacity

KanagawaTomasu
KanagawaTomasu Member Posts: 157 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
Can I install 2 x 2 TB M2nvme drives and a 2 TB SATA SSD in this laptop? Can I install a 4 TB SATA SSD? (that is - without a special particion)
I considered installing a 2.5" SATA, 4 TB HDD, but I learned that it will not fit in the space for an SSD because it is too thick. (15 mm)
Please clear up this issue for me. I do not wish to use any special particions. Cheers!

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,274 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    About nvme ssds, the hardware supports capacities above 1tb. About the 2.5" ssd, the problem is in the thickness, which increases when the ssd or hdd has more than 2tb of storage, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    No! Windows 10 works in dual boot with ubuntu. When the computer boots, the ubuntu tab and windows 10 boot pops up for me to choose from:

When I click to boot from windows, then it appears for me the startup of windows 10 or windows 11:
    How to Dual Boot Windows 11 with Windows 10 - Appualscom
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    About nvme ssds, the hardware supports capacities above 1tb. About the 2.5" ssd, the problem is in the thickness, which increases when the ssd or hdd has more than 2tb of storage, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KanagawaTomasu
    New DRIVES INSTALLED and working.
    *1 TB (Acer Predator) Gen 4, M2 Nvme SSD.
    It populated in Windows right away. Haven't had a chance to give it a test drive yet.
    *2 TB Seagate SATA HDD.
    It is up and running too.
    I kept the original Samsung (Gen 4) M2 Nvme SSD as the primary.

Cheers!
  • KanagawaTomasu
    That's 4/FOUR Terabytes of Drive space on ONE laptop. I find that EXTRAORDINARY!!
    It COULD BE MORE, if I had spent a little more for a 2 TB, M2 Drive OR a 4 TB SATA Drive.
    But I have purposes in mind for all the drive space I have.

How much drive space is on YOUR Predator??   

Cheers!

(On the other hand, I have a 480 Gb SATA SSD in my 6 year old laptop. Haven't filled that one up yet.)
  • So I have a PH315-52 predator. I have a western digital 1tb hard drive, a western digital 512gb nvme ssd and a 128gb adata ssd m2 ssd. I installed windows and ubuntu on 512gb ssd and then, I installed windows 11 on 128gb ssd. The 1tb hd I use only for backup.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KanagawaTomasu
    I like the way you think. You have Windows (10?) and ubuntu on your M2 SSD. Then you have Windows 11 on your second M2 Drive. (Is that correct?) And you keep a HDD for back up.

I plan to keep my OS (Windows 10) on my primary M2 Drive. (Also MS Office and other working software)
    I plan to use my 2nd M2 drive for Games. (Flight Sim)
    And I installed a 2 TB Seagate HDD for back up. I used the Windows setting to "Back up" to my HDD.
    But I will be manually adding things to my HDD, as well.

I am not so sure about using Windows 11 just yet. But I have the option.
    (I don't know anything about ubuntu).

Obligato, Cheers!

• Yes, I installed Windows 10 and ubuntu 21.10 on the 512gb drive. Windows 11 I installed on 128gb drive. I use the 1tb hd just for backup.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KanagawaTomasu
    I gather you can run Ubuntu in an open "window" inside the Windows OS. Is that right? At any rate, you have your options open to you. Good thinking. 
    How did you install Windows 11 on a PC running Windows 10?? That seems like quite a trick. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    No! Windows 10 works in dual boot with ubuntu. When the computer boots, the ubuntu tab and windows 10 boot pops up for me to choose from:

When I click to boot from windows, then it appears for me the startup of windows 10 or windows 11:
    How to Dual Boot Windows 11 with Windows 10 - Appualscom

egydiocoelho Trailblazer