Acer Predator Triton 300 Windows 11 downgrade

Options
JohnJ79
JohnJ79 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2022 in Windows 11
I bought an Acer Predator Triton 300 (Intel Core i7-11800H, RTX 3070, 1 TB SSD) a couple of weeks ago, it came with windows 11, windows 11 is garbage. I've had numerous issues with windows 11, for example, when you click the magnifying glass to search, you cant search, you cant type into the box to search for files, folders or even get into the settings. Wifi keeps disconnecting for no reason my windows 10 laptop and phone remain connected when windows 11 decides i no longer want to be connected to the internet. Steam doesnt work, when you first start it you can play games, 5 minutes later steam disconnects and says "no connection" meaning you cant save any progress in games, if you shut steam you cannot reopen it, i just get either a white box with "updating steam" when it's not updating or a box saying im logging in but it never logs in. I need to restart the laptop to get steam to work for another 5 minutes.
 Im really not very happy with windows 11, i can't use the laptop because it's so broken so i would like to know if Acer offer a way to downgrade to windows 10, which isn't great but at least it works.
 £1400 laptop that i can only really browse the internet with at this time!!

I assume this is a windows issue anyways, i cant check because i cant search for anything as it simply wont allow me to unless i restart the laptop and instantaneously click the search thing. I cant get into control panel, cant start command prompt with administrator privileges, cant get into device manager etc.

Obviously Acer paid for a windows 11 license, so does this mean i can only use windows 11 unless i buy a windows 10 license? Seems like the laptop isnt fit for purpose in it#s current configuration, i've tried uninstalling all the updates, made no difference, then installing every update available, still no difference.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    While you should be able to install Win10 without issue and without cost, I suggest that you first go to this driver update link , enter your serial number id (SNID) or full model (for example PT314-52) and check for any Win11 driver updates that may be available and not already installed on your machine.

Jack E/NJ

• JohnJ79
    JohnJ79 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Nice one cheers Jack, i will try the driver thing first, i have contacted acer support to see what they suggest to :D