I just purchased an Acer Aspire XC-1600G desktop. I cannot get the sound to come on whatsoever!

Options
Flea50
Flea50 Member Posts: 1 New User
Salesperson said it came with built in speakers but I don't think this is the case. Do I need to purchase speakers with this model?  Thank you!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    Flea50 said:
    Salesperson said it came with built in speakers but I don't think this is the case. Do I need to purchase speakers with this model?  Thank you!

Yes your Aspire XC-1600G is a desktop and desktops don't have speakers built in, they do come with a sound driver and Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capabilities also. If you want superior Hi-Fi you can either get an upgrade audio card to suite your budget (like a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy PCIe RX 7.1 or a ASUS Sound Card Essence STX II or a Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe or similar) and either get good quality BT speakers or connected wired speakers as those are the choices that you have as far as audio output in your Aspire XC-1600G.

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Flea50

The salesperson did not lie to you. Every desktop PC has a built in PC speaker, that provides the initial bootup beep sound.

If your monitor has speakers or you can use external speakers by inserting 3.5mm male-male connection wire to the green port of the motherboard rear panel or the front panel.

External speaker set can be as low as USD $10, cheap enough.

Worst comes to worst, in case the sound really failed from the motherboard level, you can even buy a USB sound adapter (can be lower than USD $10) for external speaker connection.