Aspire TC-605 Missing PCI Data Acqusitin, SM Bus Controller & SD card reader

Options
mcewena2
mcewena2 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Swapping desktops at home, switched Win10 boot drives between Aspire TC220 (AMD A8) and TC605 (Intel I5) and all went (mostly) fine.  TC605 no longer recognizes front SD card slot and Device Manager flags 2 devices as missing.   Tried updating with the drivers from the 605 support page and it says they're older then what Windows found automatically during the transfer.   Lack of devices doesn't seem to hurt anything but suspect it's related to SD slot  Installing SD drivers from acer or realtek doesn't do anything as hardware isn't recognized.   Front USB works fine so suspect that area has a connection.

Any ideas?

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>switched Win10 boot drives between Aspire TC220 (AMD A8) and TC605 (Intel I5)>>>

Sorry, this won't run properly. The Windows boot drive  is tied to the mainboard serial number upon which it was installed, no longer to the boot drive alone

Jack E/NJ

• mcewena2

Tinkerer

Options
    Beg to differ.  I’ve reinstalled windows a number of times over the years on the 605 and all was good, not even sure if this is the original hd.   Swapped disks and both systems booted up just as before except for this minor issue on one of the 2 which I think is chipset/mobo related.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In my opinion, the ideal would be to perform a cold install of the operating system, as the drivers that were previously installed are totally different from the drivers of the new motherboard and video card. What you've done can also drastically interfere with the machine's performance. Now, if you just want to get the drivers for those two devices, it would be interesting to inform IDHARDWARE.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> I’ve reinstalled windows a number of times over the years on the 605 >>>

That may be so. But that's not what I think you did from your descritption. What i thought you did was take 220's Windows boot drive and simply connected it to the 605 as is. If so, you must re-install Windows on the 220 boot drive inside the 605 like @egydiocoelho suggested.

Jack E/NJ

• mcewena2

Tinkerer

Options
    If they were linked why would it even boot up? (Which it did).  How would you ever replace a damaged hd?    Both machines have amd gfx so same gfx family of drivers.  Unused amd drivers are likely little/no overhead.

thanks for your response.
  • JackE
    Options
    It might or might not boot up. That's not the point. The Windows license and drivers on that 220 HDD is now tied to the 220 mainboard design and mainboard serial number upon which it was installed. The Windows license is no longer tied to the 220 HDD itself like it was in the old days a decade ago. The 605 mainboard is not the same despite the same or similar peripherals and cards that might be attached to it.  You should re-install Windows on the 220 drive that's now inside the 605 so that the Windows license is properly activated and tied to the 605's mainboard.

Jack E/NJ

• mcewena2

Tinkerer

Options
    Windows license shows activated on both machines.
  • JackE
    Options
    Good luck.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    The drivers you are looking for are typically in the chipset driver package. Try installing that...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mcewena2

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    The drivers you are looking for are typically in the chipset driver package. Try installing that...
    Thanks.   That was my thought too but when I tried to install those post disk swap windows told me they were older then the ones already running so I chickened out.    
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Worse comes to worst you can just uninstall them, then reinstall from the ones on Acer's site before the reboot. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.