How to provide drivers for WIN10 installation from USB drive

Options
szelelaci
szelelaci Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa
I am trying to install WIN10 on my new travelmate notebook. As far as I understood I need a bootable windwos installer usb drve, and an other one with the acer drivers. 
My question is what exactly are these drivers, where can I find them, and in which format should they are present on this second usb drive?
I downloaded drivers from https://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/acer/laptops-desktops/travelmate/26626. Tried to provide them in .zip format, tried to unzip them and copied them on to the flash drive as seperate folders, but no luck. When I have to browse the drive where the drivers are during win installation the installer says that no drivers can be found on the drive.
Would somebody help please? TIA

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    Options
    Create a bootable USB drive with the Media Creation Tool . You do not need to install any drivers separately.
    Only if there is a problem with a driver, visit the Acer support website for your model, download and install the driver.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Typically the only driver you might need during the installation is either a driver for the HDD/SSD if the system has something like iRST setup or a network driver in order to download other drivers. Once you are up in W10 with the network connected, Windows update should handle most drivers and the others can be downloaded from Acer via their support site.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.