Predator PO3-600 Overheating !

Options
64634634 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2022 in Predator Desktops
I purchased a Predator PO3-600 for my kid last year in January but now it's showing overheating issues mainly in GPU (GTX 1060 6GB). I clean the entire computer once every 1 - 2 months and just last month I changed the thermal paste of the CPU (i5 -8400) 
He mostly plays the game (Overwatch) on this computer so here are the temps 
low - ultra settings temp goes between 80 - 86 C which I think is way too high for that game

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @64634634

You can try to reset the BIOS. If not you can try to do a reset to check it that works.

BIOS reset: Get into the BIOS. F9+Enter and then F10+Enter.

If that doesn't work then you can try to do a reset to check if that works.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-refresh-reset-or-restore-your-pc-51391d9a-eb0a-84a7-69e4-c2c1fbceb8dd

Hope it will help you in some way.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @64634634,

Best solution is to undervolt your CPU using XTU.

Turn you fan to Max rpm for better cooling.
    1. Try not to play on bed or any surface like that. ...
    2. Try not to overclock your GPU because you will get little bump in performance like 2–4fps but the heat output will be very high.
    3. Try to undervolt your CPU.
    https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-resolve-the-quick-heat-problem-of-Acer-Predator-Helios-300-when-playing-games
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are also a lot of users here who have replaced the stock cooler with the Noctua, that seems to reduce system temperatures by a significant amount. That's likely not going to help the GPU temp as much though, so you might think about repasting it's heat sinks.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    Options
    64634634 said:
    I purchased a Predator PO3-600 for my kid last year in January but now it's showing overheating issues mainly in GPU (GTX 1060 6GB). I clean the entire computer once every 1 - 2 months and just last month I changed the thermal paste of the CPU (i5 -8400) 
    He mostly plays the game (Overwatch) on this computer so here are the temps 
    low - ultra settings temp goes between 80 - 86 C which I think is way too high for that game

The GTX-1650 usually does not overheat and/or needs drastic passive or water cooling, as 80-85°C temps while gaming is not a critical high temp. You can upgrade the cooling on the gpu by either passive or water cooling so have a look at the ekwb range of gpu coolers on their site, this one gpu cooler for the GTX here EK-FC980 GTX Classy coolers - Acetal+Nickel cooler or water coolers?

Another solution (if you can’t cool the OEM GTX-1650 down to the games that your son is playing) is to buy a new “A Passively-Cooled GeForce GTX 1650: KalmX by Palit which will run allot cooler, as repasting the gpu internally (by taking the fan off) is another good idea to reduce temps and also get a better cpu fan like the Noctua NH-U9S chromax.black that will fit within the PO3-630 spaces (but still measure your spaces anyway as Noctua has full measurments specs on their site) as this Noctua cpu cooling solution is small enough and other PO3-630 consumers have upgraded to, also update the PO3-630 case fans with the superior Noctua case fans for added case cooling, look at all these options as that is all that you can do. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

@Willjoe you need to read the threads a bit deeper, this is obviously not a laptop. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.