Any Transcend StoreJet 25M3 or 25H3 external HDD users?

ynwa1227
ynwa1227 Member Posts: 61 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Might be a few. But you're unlikely to get any responses that'll will make you more or less concerned. If you're worried or fretting unnecessarily over this, simply buy a new external storage unit by another manufacturer like Western  Digital. They're a lot cheaper, a lot more capacity and a lot more reliable than you could get 4 years ago.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    They're not made by ACER. Do you have one that falling apart?

Jack E/NJ

• ynwa1227
    JackE said:
    They're not made by ACER. Do you have one that falling apart?
    Yeah I know..but since there's no 'off topic' section in this message boards I didn't know where else to post.

I have 1 and it's still working, it's 4 years old now. But I found this thread on reddit that says the metal inside starts to rust/corrode after 4 years so I wanted to know if there are others who own this external HDD https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/fxolgm/to_all_transcend_25m3_hdd_users/
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Might be a few. But you're unlikely to get any responses that'll will make you more or less concerned. If you're worried or fretting unnecessarily over this, simply buy a new external storage unit by another manufacturer like Western  Digital. They're a lot cheaper, a lot more capacity and a lot more reliable than you could get 4 years ago.

Jack E/NJ

• ynwa1227
    edited May 2022
    JackE said:
    I bought the Transcend 25H3 and it has WD Blue inside when I checked with CrystalDiskInfo. The older 25M3 that I have has Seagate inside. I hope both of them will have a long life!
  • JackE
    I simply run bare internal drives placed inside antistatic bags as external drives with HDD-to-USB adapters. No external enclosures to corrode. In fact, I've been using WD blues as external drives scotch-taped inside plastic antistatic bags now since 2018. Bags & drives haven't corroded yet. :)

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Ah, that just means you haven't spilled enough pop into the bags yet Jack! ;)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.