RL85 Pw_4005U doesnt'start up after memory module upgrade

Options
harie29
harie29 Member Posts: 3 New User
Good day,
I have an Acer Revo RL85 Pw_4005u with 4 Gb , upgraded to windows 10 home version 21H1 build 19043.1645.
The machine is getting very slow, cleaning up HDD in windows did not bring anything, so I bought a SODIMM DDR3L-1600 8 Gb memory module.
Exchanging the memory module works fine, but after putting everything together and pressing the small power button at the back-side nothing happens, the pc won't start up.
May you have any idea what is wrong? (I run the original bios, so no update done).

Thank you in advance for input.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you unplug the new 8gb ram module and reconnect the 4gb ram module, does the computer turn on?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • harie29
    Options
    Yes it does turn on.  In fact I am typing now on the LR85 with the -old- memory 4Gb module installed again. But as said it is very slow, complete start-up takes more then 2 minutes..
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Well, spec says it should work with an 8GB DDR3L 1600 module. Perhaps the one you got was bad? My guess is though that you will get a much bigger boost in system speed by replacing that old HDD with a SSD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • harie29
    Options
    Thanks for the hint on the replacement of the HDD, this is worth a try.
    As for the memory module: is it possible that the Bios needs an update and afterwards the memorymodule might work?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    An update may add to new rams and ssds. However, I would only update the bios if a black screen appears when installing new rams and ssds.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    When looking though the BIOS versions available on the support site, I see no indication there has been any change to memory support. They have three different motherboards for the RL85 models, but that is due to the three different processors that could be populated in it. Acer only shipped with 4GB populated, but specs says 8GB should work...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.