Monitor is super dull without HDR and with HDR recordings are awful, Nitro VG0 23.8

Options
SpiritOTG
SpiritOTG Member Posts: 10 New User
edited April 2022 in Monitors
I have the Acer Nitro VG0 23.8" Full HD IPS 165Hz Monitor (x2).

When I activate HDR the screen looks great but when I stream on anywhere (discord, obs) or even record (Radeon ReLive) the quality of the video is awful , dark and gloomy.
To try and circumvent this I turn HDR off but then my monitors are super dull and unsaturated with light blacks and such (although recording like this looks good). I tried to fix this by increasing the gamma, saturation and adjusting colour settings but nothing can help it compete. One monitor is running on HDMI and the other on DisplayPort and both are working the same. 

I've even tried adjusting recordings in post but they never look as good.
Is there any way for me to use HDR and also record and stream in good quality?

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• SpiritOTG
    Options
    https://prnt.sc/CnQN481irDxc - recorded with hdr on
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you tell me the exact model? Example Nitro KG272 S

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SpiritOTG
    Options
    Can you tell me the exact model? Example Nitro KG272 S

Sure, The manual says NITRO VG0 series - VG240Y 
    The site I bought them from says Acer Nitro VG0 VG240YSBMIIPX

thanks
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried using the windows hdr video calibration?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SpiritOTG
    Options
    Have you tried using the windows hdr video calibration?

I dont have that button in my settings.
    https://prnt.sc/14h3YmUG3LeU
    https://prnt.sc/1M_ZbDAQDxnl
    But I did try the Windows HD colour calibration and it didnt help
    https://prnt.sc/DB5BmNPf4xP7

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the windows version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SpiritOTG
    Options
    What is the windows version?

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 21H2
    Installed on ‎7/‎10/‎2021
    OS build 19044.1645
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try calibrating the monitor. Search for HDR in Cortana:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SpiritOTG
    Options
    Try calibrating the monitor. Search for HDR in Cortana:

Unfortunately, somehow, I do not have that option .

Proof: https://prnt.sc/_uG9C5fiMMXU
    https://youtu.be/YRT7GaxLXPs
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What appears when you click here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SpiritOTG
    Options
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the computer model? Example AN515-55-58VH. Is it an amd model?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SpiritOTG
    Options
    What is the computer model? Example AN515-55-58VH. Is it an amd model?

pc I built myself with a 
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
    Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB PULSE Video Card
    16gb ram
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In the adrenalin program, is there any option regarding the hdr?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SpiritOTG
    Options

unfortunately not, the closest thing is the pixel format and that does nothing :
    https://prnt.sc/IVrNbiUvmQkZ
    https://prnt.sc/MptlCufS7bbr
    by the way I have custom colour on for white balance as normally my screen is too warm, turning this off does not affect any recording or hdr.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you disable auto hdr?
    Windows 11 ganha otimizaes para o Auto HDR em games  Adrenaline

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SpiritOTG
    Options

I don't have that option. Also I just found out my monitor is HDR10 and that sucks and is probably the reason for this but this still doesn't explain why i cant record or stream with the colours I am seeing on my screen
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try installing this update for windows 11: KB5008353
    Fixes issue related to colors in hdr!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer