Why so slow and long list of questions lol.

Options
RonChinioy
RonChinioy Member Posts: 2 New User
Ok so I finally got windows XP loaded on this laptop it was a nightmare that took me 3 days of work to figure out. 
But its done. On XP the machine is at least useable. On windows 7 it was pretty much unusable. 

Now that I have the OS up and running. I want to upgrade it and make sure it working like it should. 
I have two key issues. 
1. I find that the CPU speed is slow and its not entering turbo boost mode. (I noticed this on win 7 also). Is this normal for a N450 CPU to run at such a slow speed. 

2. What memory do I get as in what is the fastest memory I can use with this laptop ?. 
3. Is there any way to get my windows 7 key because the sticker on the laptop is torn and I cant read it. 

Screen shots attached showing the model number and slow speed. 

[//Edited the content to hide serial number]

Answers

• RonChinioy
    RonChinioy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Also I heard there is a bios update that allows you to use a 4GB stick is this true ?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are lots of BIOS updates for the AOD255, but none that allow 4GB of memory, the Pineview Atom CPUs don't have 4GB support. The N450 models support DDR II 667Mhz SDRAM only. There were multiple versions of the MB on those models, the ones that had the N550 supports DDR3 memory, but still only at 667Mhz.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.