I can't get driver support for windows 11, please help. PH315-52

barisbing
barisbing Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2022 in Windows 11
I am trying to upgrade waves maxxaudio because since I upgraded to Win11 it stopped working. I went to the acer product support page for my pc but it only shows the drivers for operating system windows 10. Because of this I am unable to get the working upgrades for windows 11, please help. 

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7983?b=1

PC: Predator PH315-52

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,099 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Windows 10 drivers are sufficient for Windows 11 at the moment, if in future new drivers are needed, Acer will release the drivers, until then we have to use Windows 10 drivers, download and install Audio Utility for Waves version 1.0.57.0 from the same page.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    barisbing said:
    I am trying to upgrade waves maxxaudio because since I upgraded to Win11 it stopped working. I went to the acer product support page for my pc but it only shows the drivers for operating system windows 10. Because of this I am unable to get the working upgrades for windows 11, please help. 

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7983?b=1

PC: Predator PH315-52

Just as an addition, all Win-11 drivers will be installed by either “Windows Update” or you can also install the "Intel® Driver & Support Assistantthat installs chipset drivers, graphics Wi-Fi and BT etc and all needed Intel drivers and it’s the same with a dedicated NVIDIA graphics driver or whatever other software you have that its manufacturers have Win-11 drivers for? All this works 100% including and substituting Win-10 whenever there is no Win-11 alternative and dedicated drivers.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Waves may not have released W11 updates yet, when they do Windows update should handle it automatically.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RGreen
    RGreen Member Posts: 2 New User

Agreeing with the original post. Even if there are no Windows 11 only drivers yet, the Acer site should allow you to specify that you are running Windows 11. The way it is, it seems to only allow you to look for drivers under the OS that shipped with your laptop.