What do I need to upgrade in my computer? (Aspire XC-1660G Intel Core3)

paugor
paugor Member Posts: 2 New User
So I have this Aspire XC-1660G and I have noticed on some of these game simulators that I play with in my down time, the frames seem to be jumpy in frame to frame of the vehical movements.  It tells me the minimum requirements below but I seem to be in range of the minimums with this system.  What am I missing in this picture that I am not getting the smooth frame to frame transition? Thanks

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM FOR 32-BIT:
    • OS: 32-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 8.1 or 10 Required (Other OS versions and types are not supported)
    • Processor: Intel Core-i3 4330 3.50 GHz Dual Core or AMD A8 6600K 3.90 GHz Quad Core or Better
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 Graphics with 1 GB Dedicated VRAM or Better
    • DirectX®: 9.0c
    • Network: Broadband Connection (May incur additional costs for use)
    • Storage: 40 GB or more available space (Additional Add-Ons will require more)
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Audio Device
    • Additional Notes: Requires mouse and keyboard or Xbox Controller
    RECOMMENDED FOR 32-BIT:
    • OS: 32- or 64-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 8.1 or 10 Required (Other OS versions and types are not supported)
    • Processor: Intel Core-i5 4690 3.50 GHz Quad Core or AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.80 GHz Quad Core or Better
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM (maximum possible under 32-bit Windows)/16 GB or Better (For 64-bit Windows)
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 480 with 4 GB Dedicated VRAM or Better
    • DirectX®: 9.0c
    • Network: Broadband Connection (May incur additional costs for use)
    • Storage: High Performance SSD Recommended with 40 GB or more available space (Additional Add-Ons will require more)
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Audio Device
    • Additional Notes: Requires mouse and keyboard or

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Go to this link. Download, unizip and install the latest Intel & nvidia VGA drivers and utilities for either Win10 or Win11 whichever it's running.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

There are allot of option for an upgrade but it depends on your budget and how high of an upgrade you want to go to? As the first thing to do is to make sure that you have updated all the drivers for this PC as its been mentioned above and see if this game works 100%? Also and if you want to go for an upgrade you can increase the RAM, which the best thing to do with memory is to run the Crucial System Scan as that will tell you the best and max memory that your PC can have, change its OEM i3 cpu to an i5 or i7 10th gen and if you want to go full on then add a 20 or 30 series NVidia gpu as this desktops mobo has a 1x PCI Express x16 expansion slot  but with the gpu you will need to upgrade the OEM 300W PSU to whatever higher PSU the new gpu needs and also you will need to measure your internal spaces and see which gpu will fit. 

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Go to this link. Download, unizip and install the latest Intel & nvidia VGA drivers and utilities for either Win10 or Win11 whichever it's running.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8946?b=1

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

There are allot of option for an upgrade but it depends on your budget and how high of an upgrade you want to go to? As the first thing to do is to make sure that you have updated all the drivers for this PC as its been mentioned above and see if this game works 100%? Also and if you want to go for an upgrade you can increase the RAM, which the best thing to do with memory is to run the Crucial System Scan as that will tell you the best and max memory that your PC can have, change its OEM i3 cpu to an i5 or i7 10th gen and if you want to go full on then add a 20 or 30 series NVidia gpu as this desktops mobo has a 1x PCI Express x16 expansion slot  but with the gpu you will need to upgrade the OEM 300W PSU to whatever higher PSU the new gpu needs and also you will need to measure your internal spaces and see which gpu will fit. 

• JackE
    Answer ✓

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8946?b=1

Jack E/NJ